What would it take for you to cheat?

Assuming you're in a serious relationship, would you cheat if you have the opportunity and:

a) You have a deep mental connection with the person.

b) You have a strong physical attraction.

c) She/He has been your crush for a long time.

d) If your partner will never find out

e) I would never cheat (if you vote this, please write in the comments if you wouldn't cheat on your current partner or would never do it and if you have please)

Please be honest!

• Mental connection
    Vote A
  • Physical attraction
    Vote B
  • Has been a crush for a long time
    Vote C
  • My girlfriend/boyfriend will never find out
    Vote D
  • I would never cheat
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• The majority of answers to this question remind me of the libertarians of politics. It makes so much sense in theory but it's not practical or realistic in reality. I also have no plans to cheat and probably wouldn't. Statistically though, most people will. They just don't realize it at this young age. People can come up with all kinds of ways for cheating to make sense: I love my spouse but there is no passion, I don't want to leave them because of the kids, I'm gonna stay in this relationship for the money, I'm bored of my spouses body and this really sexy person wants to do me right now--right, like that person is really going to pick up their phone to break up with there spouse right there to prevent the technicality of cheating `--'

3|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 36

• never been in a relationship, but I would never cheat on someone that actually wanted me. if I had met someone I feel is a lot better I would break it off with the relationship. cheating makes you an a**hole and gives you a reputation, there's no point. besides you can't tell me that within one or 2 times of meeting someone you formed some amazing connection. if this is true then he is probably a player or it's just going to be a short exhilarating relationship

3|0
    0|0
    • Why are you so sure about it if you've never been in a relationship before?

• because I know myself, and I am one of those people who like to do what I feel like doing at the given moment, which means I am never settled or satisfied and I don't know where I am going to be or if I have a place to add someone to my life. I think that is what I would say, plus I have always been socially anxious which means that I am less desirable anyways

• No, you're not less desirable because of that, people that know you will understand :) And thanks for your honest answer!

• I would never cheat.

I *would* break up with the person I was with if they weren't meeting my needs without a valid reason and making no effort to change, but I wouldn't cheat on them to get sex. I'm no where near that selfish.

4|1
    0|0
  • F. If the desire to cheat is compelling, then the existing relationship is weak and should end.

6|3
    0|0
  • Cheating is bullsh*t. People who cheat have no respect for themselves nor anyone else. If I slept with a girl and found out she cheated on her boyfriend to sleep with me but wanted to be with me. I wouldn't date her. Because she'll probably do the same crap to me too.

1|0
    0|0
  • I won't ever cheat. How hard is it to break up first?

It ain't about them finding out anyway. It's about knowing what my word is worth.

5|1
    0|0
  • Never ever cheat. It's bad juju. If your relationship is bad enough that you're considering cheating, either fix it immediately or end it immediately. If you're in a relationship and someone is trying to get you to cheat, they don't really care about you. If you're the outsider, it's foolish to think the person who is cheating to sleep with you won't treat you the same way.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would never cheat on someone. If I'm dating someone, is because I really love them and would never want to do something to hurt them

3|0
    0|0
  • Honestly? I can't say I would never cheat, but I can say I would never let it go so far that I'd cross that line. The relationship I'm in would have to be absolutely terrible for starters and I'm out long before it reaches that point. Loyal to the end but if things are shit we'll reach the end fast.

0|0
    0|0
  • None of the above.

If I was married, with children and my wife has denied me sex for over 3 months and she wasn't pregnant/sick/away temporarily on business, then I'd consider getting some on the side discretely. If I wasn't married and/or I don't have kids I'd like to keep a family together for, then I'd just break up... and it wouldn't take me 3 months to decide.

0|0
    2|0
  • The decision to cheat would be more influenced by my existing relationship then the outside one.

2|1
    0|0
  • I cheats one time! And at the time I was in love with why girlfriend but my best friend was also a girl And we were hanging out and she just started taking of her clothes and one hing led to another . Worst mistake I made my girlfriend left me.

0|1
    1|1
  • If I were to ever fall for another girl I would at least break it off with the girl I'm with first, anything less would make me hate myself.

1|1
    0|0
  • Never - risk losing the new girl and the old? Not worth it. Even if the cheatie says they won't say a word, eventually it will come out somehow - cheatie may talk to its friends about me or something

0|1
    0|0
  • Never ever. I will love my girl for ever and ever as she has continued to.

Cheating is something that I believe I'd never get my conscience or regret over.

0|0
    0|0
  • nothing! I am too bold and honest to cheat. to much ego, pride and ignorance to actually cheat on a chick. I think only big time cowards cheat

2|1
    0|0
  • I would never cheat. If you want to end the relationship don't do it by cheating I think its immature and stupid.

2|2
    0|0
  • My relationship would have been coming to an end already if I ever had the urge to cheat. At that point I probably would have ended it already if I wanted to bang someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • most people who cheat say they're "not the cheating type" before they do it... I don't know is just life I suppose

1|0
    0|0
  • I would just call the current girlfriend up, dump her, and screw the next girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a one girl kind of guy. If I'm with someone everyone else it mentally off limits so I don't even really notice them. I would never be able to look in her eyes again if I cheated on her, I would always be eaten up by the guilt I would feel inside. Even if I felt a strong emotional attraction for the other and was loosing my attraction to the person I was with, I would still stay loyal until we broke up. I have a strong belief in loyalty to one another and know I wouldn't want her sneaking around behind my back so the least I could do is the same for her, and gift her the comfort in knowing she doesn't have to worry every time I go out.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't ever cheat. If my sexual needs were not being met then I would either try to fix it with her or break up.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been with my girlfriend for 6 years and I do love her. But sex is a phisical approach I beleive and cheating "having sex" with another women does not make me love her any less. I know she doesn't fell the same way but what she don't know don't hurt her. So it happens sometimes. I may go to the erotic massage parlor from time to time and get my self a happy ending, so what.lol

Now if your developing feelings for this other person then you should take a step back and reconsider what you are doing

0|0
    3|0
    • would you mind if she did the same?

• Wow I really hope you're trolling

• Imuimu, been gone a while sorry for the late answer. No I would not mind, actually I tried talking to her about a open relationship but she wasn't for it. As long as she practices safe sex which I know she would if she ever does. What do you mean buy trolling like for shrimp?lol

• d combined with a disconnect with the current whoever

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never and would never do this!

0|1
    0|0
  • i'd never cheat.

one is more than enough for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I rather not cheat and have no plans to do so.

0|0
    0|0
  • vote E

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing would make me cheat. When I get attached to a girl, I get loyal (not to be confused with clingy). While I may see girls I find attractive, I no longer see them as someone to chase because I compare them to my lady anyway.

Also, I've been cheated on before and knowing how it feels, the thought of doing it is kind of sickening to me and makes me remember the mess of stuff I felt after my girlfriend at the time told me.

2|1
    0|0
  • the worst I would ever do is masturbate while thinking about other women but I would never have a relationship or sex with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I wouldn't be able to cheat. Period.

I might think some people look attractive, I may even bring it up, but there's the matter of being faithful. I'm all about trust. If I don't believe I can fully trust someone, as I'm already cautious about trusting others, then I can't have a real relationship with them in the first place, and I wouldn't expect any different from them.

So no, no cheating. I'd sooner break up with someone than cheat on them. There's just no real sense in cheating.

2|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 29

• I don't have a partner currently. But NO. Cheating is inexcusable. And disgusting.

I am above that bullsh*t. Nobody should ever do somebody the indecency of cheating on them. That kind of stuff cuts people so deep and seriously makes people feel terrible.

I would never do that to anyone, and I have NEVER cheated while in a relationship.

Some people can lie and say the same. But actions definitely speak much louder than words... words are nothing... They're just there. You can throw them around however you'd like. But they don't mean anything... Until they are backed up with concrete proof. In my opinion I believe most people would have the mentality to cheat... Because most people just don't care.

Or if things are going wrong in a relationship they use cheating as a way to get out of the relationship without getting out of a relationship if that makes since.

Its just not right to do that to somebody.. and I am a firm believer... hardcore believer that once a cheater ALWAYS a cheater. I have been proved time and time again. People ask me if I believe people can change? I say yes.. But.. I have never been proved otherwise. So I need to see some proof..

All the people I have known that cheat, which is a lot of girls and guys... Have never changed their ways.

I think its a rare and amazing thing when you can find somebody that is completely dedicated to you and only you... When you are what consumes their thoughts, their mind, their desires. Well its what everybody ultimately wants...

But in reality I don't know how many people out there that are truly willing to devote themselves t someone completely, and I find it sad.

People are f***ed up though, and lack morals.

I think its always been that way, though we hear about it now because communication is more vast.. I feel like that kind of stuff used to be hidden.. or like the housewives would literally just cover it up and go on.. because divorce was something not commonly heard of.

I for one would not cheat... and I think it takes a really good hearted person not to do so... a true, genuine person... and loyalty is hard to come by.

On the flip side... I also believe there are some people who are truly not cut out to be in a monogamous relationship.

Those type of people need to figure that out about themselves and be willing to be HONEST about who they are.. And not give people a warped perception of who they truly are.

Some people can't just be with one person.. It doesn't make them bad... What makes them bad is if they can't be honest about it.. and they play an act. That when it becomes f***ed up!

0|1
    0|0
  • id never cheat on anyone, it takes 5 minutes to break it off with someone. id rather hurt that person with honesty by breaking up with them over deceiving them and giving them trust issues & a possible sexually transmitted disease (if the person I'm cheating with has one he doesn't know about & passes it onto me which I then pass onto my boyfriend)

0|0
    0|0
  • I chose mental connection, because.. yeah.

I didn't choose "I'd never cheat" because it happens, and I didn't choose "If they'd never find out", because I'd probably be so consumed with guilt afterward that I'd break up with them anyway, or at least tell them so they can break up with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mental connection, then I would break up with the guy I was currently dating if I felt the love was beyond repair and this man connected with me on an emotional level.

I think we all feel a pang of pleasure when we interact with someone we find attractive.

But that's so superficial we can usually see all the flaws before cheating (most likely we can find the faults and evaluate how the action would be wrong before a physical attraction got too far..if we had not cheated before)

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never, ever cheat. When I agree to be someone's girlfriend, I couldn't even consider breaking that trust in the worst way like that. If I'm unhappy in the relationship, I'll just break it off.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nothing. If it ever got the point where I was even thinking about pursuing the idea, I would break up with that person. Obviously if the thought even happens to appear, you're not happy or there's something in the relationship that's missing. Either fix it or breakup. There's no justification for it what so ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't select any of the answers in your poll...

I can't say that I'd never cheat, because I have in the past.

and the reasons why, aren't on your list.

I was feeling neglected.. I wanted to break up.. he begged me not to..

and then some other guys started paying me more attention..

being nice to me.. making me feel good about myself...

and it happened.. and I'm not gonna lie.. some of was like..

revenge to hurt him.. I ended up cheating on him with a few guys...

all of them were his employees.. and I didn't do anything to hide it...

I'd be with one of them.. and then go see my boyfriend with their come still in/on me...

Was it right? No.

Am I proud of it? No.

Do I plan on ever repeating those actions? No.

But I'm not going to lie and say they never happened...

2|2
    4|2
  • I would never cheat because simply its out of my character, I'm very loyal and if I no longer feel that way then I wouldn't be in the relationship.

2|1
    0|0
  • I don't know. I don't really like this question because if you feel like you want to cheat on your significant other, then you clearly shouldn't be with them anyway

0|1
    1|0
  • I would never cheat, I would make sure that I am out of a relationship before I go out with anybody else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went with A but really it would be more of a mental disconnection with my partner. There's no reason to cheat if you are happy in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would break up with the guy I was dating before cheating on him. I will never cheat it has destroyed so ms why families and children and hope in this life

0|0
    0|0
  • E: I would never cheat ( I would never do it, if I choose to be with the guy, my focus is only on him and not other people, I wouldn't even give another guy a second glance)

0|0
    0|0
  • I would have to be really unhappy then at that point I would end the relationship before anything ever happened...

Then jump all over that :p jk

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never cheat..simply because if your in love with the right person you'd never even think about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • ppl cheat all the time. And if someone always claimed to be busy I would really sh*t him big time

0|0
    2|2
  • Sorry, I don't believe in affairs. :--)

0|0
    1|0
  • I wouldn't cheat

0|0
    0|0
  • I cannot see myself cheating for any reason!

0|0
    0|0
  • only if he cheated first or had hurt me in some other way so badly, that I want to hurt him back. And even then, only if the other guy is super hot. The guy has to be physically better than my husband (more appealing to my eyes), other wise it won't be worth it.

0|0
    1|0
  • Things would have to be going very badly with my boyfriend... but I'd just dump him in that case so it wouldn't be cheating... true...

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating is so stupid. Just break up with your gf/bf, and then you can do whatever you want, and less feelings are hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm not the kind of person that cheat...never did it...and I hope I never will but let's pretend I HAD TO cheat on my boyfriend, it would be with someone I am really attracted to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Out of bordeom or horniness

If I f*** a girl is it still cheating?

0|0
    3|2
  • I would not consider cheating. In my opinion its better to just break up than to cheat because at least you're being honest with your partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess B although I would never cheat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've read a lot of people (esp women) cheat when they have a problem in their relationship (like their S.O. is not being loving) and they try to find the love else where but love their SO too much to leave them. I think that would be my reason.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've been with a few girls who had loving boyfriends that were just too nice & boring... so you have that too

• I would never cheat because I've been cheated on before and I know how much that hurts. I don't ever want to break someone's heart and make them go through what I went through.

3|1
    0|0
  • I chose B because while I don't plan on ever cheating on anyone, if it did happen that would be the reason why.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes