He just moved in-please help

My boyfriend and I've known each other for awhile, been dating 9months.. He just moved in, his day and Thanksgiving are coming up and I no longer want the relationship. Love him to death but we just don't seem to be compatible, we are just very different people. Things use to be great but he's started to get possesive-I talked to him about that about a month ago, and I notice

AND see he's trying to relax a bit but I think that it's just over in my brain. I haven't cheated but I haven't been the best girlfriend(staying out late with friends) lately I guess I'm more or less reveling ? because I was contained for

So long. Please help me I do care for him, and don't want to hurt his feelings(he really loves me and the holidays are coming) but I think I would be better off single and just dating around right now

64

Most Helpful Girl

• Well...for me, when I love someone, I don't give up on them. That is what true love is all about.

So, I wouldn't give up. Sometimes you go through a stage where you aren't feeling it...but maybe there are other reasons for that. I am sure you do things that upset him as well. You don't like him being controlling/possessive...but does he have reason? If I went out with the girls all the time, my man would come off a bit possessive too. It is human nature. He loves you & doesn't want to lose you. Maybe his past made him like that..or maybe you made him like that. Whatever the case, a relationship takes two. I read your profile...you haven't even broken up with him and yet it says single and fun & flirty. That is a red flag on your part. I am NOT trying to be mean in anyway. Please do not get offended. I am just trying to maybe point out a few things you can't see yourself? Sometimes we need that...I know that I need it from time to time. Saying all that, if you cannot understand him and still don't feel it with him...then I would wait until after holidays...to make it easier on him. But, if you cannot stand to be with him any longer...then, I would just tell him that you aren't where he is at in life. Because, I don't think you are... He seems like he is ready to settle down and have kids and be with you forever...you seem like you don't want kids and you wanna be a little free and enjoy your young life by going out and stuff. Nothing wrong with that. Just means he wants something you cannot give. You can both meet in the middle on this though. Anything can always be worked out. IT just depends if you both want it to work out.

Anyway, please do not be mad or angry with me. I was just being honest. I do not judge you or meant any harm. I want you and everyone else in this world to be happy :]

• Not mad at all-actually a little back drop I have a daughter who is six, and was with her a her for 10yrs, been apart almost 3 now so I've very much been mature and grown for awhile-that being said I'm a great mother and rarely go out-I just have to fight about it if I want a beer after work(when my colds with her dad-) and frankly I don't think I should have to fight about it. It wasn't until these past two weeks where I have actually been kind of disrespectful and staying out later then

• Oh okay :] I understand. Well, good luck. Break ups are never pretty. Just be happy you are the one doing the breaking :/