Can you really move on of you cannot find another more compatible person?

My EX wasn't perfect but he did have some amazing qualities. He was great looking, smart, ambitious and a nice guy.

Now I haven't talk to him for a year and I am set on someone new. However, it's difficult to find a smart and nice guy who doesn't want just sex.

Do you think one can really move on?
  • Yes you'll move ONLY when you find another person you really like
    Vote A
  • No, you can truly move on by "settling"
    Vote B
  • Other, see answer
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
When I say"move on" I mean stop wanting the "same standard" of guy. NOT stop loving the ex, etc. That has been over way back.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• no I don't think so, becuase the standard would always be there, like the comparison. if you know you can get someone better then you will feel bad about ahving something bad

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• A guy who doesn't love sex is not common. If that could be a hobby I'd list it lol. I consider it my drug of choice.

And that really depends on your new standards you have set. The more things you add the harder it is to find someone.

I haven't met anyone as close to my ex fiance since her. So it's kinda hard when you meet these stuck up girls who act like super models and are trash compared to your ex.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unresolved issues tend to stay unresolved... It doesn't matter how many years pass, it will stay with you... That said, you can find better people that will light up your life and then it doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honey is that you? I have been waiting for you !

LOL, I felt the same way. I have actually been ruined. My standard of woman has definitely upgraded from what I use to date lol. When she leavt I was devastated. How could I ever date another that doesn't posses the quality's as she did?

I won't sell myself short..

Now today I got an amazing woman that I am dating with amazing personality and compatibility is fantastic with similar traits she brings to the relationship. however she is long distance and our long time term is bleak at this point.. God forbid we don't make it. because if we did it would be beautiful.

If not then I still will not settle , so I feel for you because it is possible but it is not easy !

my answer "A" !

Good luck girlie

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah you can move on, it's hard, but it can be done.

What I did was I got over it, I didn't really get into another relationship after my last one (though not for lack of trying... I think) but it's more about necessity, than anything else.

I've got no job, I've got no car, I've got nothing really to bring to the table and I'm fixing to start College, so it's not like I have a lot to think about or anything, but I just haven't had time for a woman, nor have I met any between the breakup and now that made any significant impression on me enough to inspire me to pursue her with any great vigor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait women want nice guys? LOL since when oh only when their good looking and smart.

0|0
    3|1
    • wait... men want nice girls? only if they are good looking and stupid. lol

• Show All
    • @Jerseystarlet in other words women just want the jerk they change into a nice guy.

• You forgot not bitter

• Often what we need to be happy, isn't what with think we need. You can sometimes give up on the "same standard" and find happiness in an unexpected place.

3|0
    0|0
  • I want the same type of woman as my ex. She was funny, smart, nice and very caring. The reason we didn't work out was because she was forced to move and I couldn't be there with her. Now she has moved on to someone else so any chance of having her back is gone. It seems like every girl I have meet since is not like her, she was the type of person who would be so generous she would put others ahead of herself now I seem to only end up with the most demanding woman. I had a woman a few months ago that insisted I pay her way through life not going to happen.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Yes. I started dating 2.5yrs ago after my divorce...I met this guy on a dating site and we had two GREAT dates! There was a lot of flirting,chemistry,etc. Then he decides to dump me so he could focus more on his son(he was separated at the time)even though I went it knowing this,it still hurt:( But I managed to move on.

Then there was another,more attractive guy. He was deaf but I didn't care. That lasted a few wks when e ended it(we didn't have much in common)now at the time I took it badly. I drank till I puked(stupid)and cried of course. When I finally came to my senses I realized we were better off as friends. That was 2.5yrs ago.

I've been on quite a few dates since then but nothing exciting...that is,until recently when I met this great guy from the same site. We had three great dates,then he vanishes(no,we didn't do it-it was that time of the month for me:/)turns out,he went back to his ex:(

I went back to the dating site,but it's not the same. I DON'T want to date anyone else BUT him. I even told him if it doesn't work out to call me. Maybe he will,maybe he won't.(he said he would). only time will tell. hey,if it's meant to be,it's meant to be.

sigh...

0|0
    0|0
  • It's less to do with the other person - more to do with you.

You 'move on' by getting real with yourself about what you do want and what you don't want.

Settling creates a whole new set of issues - pining after someone is putting them on a pedestal which is bsh*t.

You move on when you know your worth.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup, moving on doesn't require a new guy. You have to move on by yourself first :)

5|0
    0|0
  • You haven't truly moved on if you need another person to do so...

1|0
    0|0
  • You can get over anyone with time, so I've been told but I do not believe it.

0|0
    0|0
  • welcome to the club! My ex got all that qualities that I was looking for. It's now been a year that we haven't talked at all I still haven't met any decent guy! :(

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea! And it's not like I'm not "over" the fact that me and my ex won't work it's just that I cannot find anyone else right now. So I'd think back to the past...

• same here! that's exactly how I feel!

• yes, move on with your own life.

0|0
    0|0
  • From experience, I'd say no. I haven't found another person I'm compatible with and that's why I think I still think about my ex everyday, thinking about things I should have done differently.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes