If you're married and one of you has cheated, will it ever be the same?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• If he cheated on me it could never be the same.

What Guys Said 2

• I can not speak from experience on this matter... However, I can imagine that whether I was married or not, if my partner cheated on me, I don't think I could be with them anymore, as things would just never be the same for me. Even if I was able to 'work through it' and stay with that person, although I might be able to forgive them, I don't think I could ever forget what they did, meaning that things would never be the same for me... Things would never be perfect.

Of course when you are emotionally involved and attached, then I think people are more open to 'working through' what their partner has done, whereas when they are advising someone else in the very same situation and are not emotionally involved, they would more than likely advise that person to leave their partner! Being emotionally involved seriously hampers ones ability to think logically and make rational decisions, but I guess that's just human nature. Therefore having not experienced this before, how I think and feel right now may be compromised if I ever found myself in that exact situation... I certainly hope I don't! lol

One thing's for sure, and I think this applies to most people... Whatever the outcome and whatever decision is made, if a partner has cheated, I don't think that things can ever be exactly the same. I hope that all makes sense! lol

• Depends if you are a forgiving person or not.

If you are forgiving it can and if you are not forgiving it can't.

But don't make yourself miserable pretending you can forgive if you don't have that saintlike ability to unreservedly forgive (lets face it most of us aren't saints) and accept that it will 'Never be the same''

Now you can get on to the more useful question, Is it worth trying to go on or is it over?

What Girls Said 1

• Will it ever be the same? No, something major happened that can never be taken back. Can you ever move past it and still have a healthy relationship? Yes.