Moving with my boyfriend, but I'm a virgin?

What would you do if your boyfriend wanted to move in with you, but you was a virgin and wanted to wait for marriage? I feel like moving will be hard because of temptations and I don't want that, but I care about him and I want to live with him.

The though of going to university and my boyfriend being around me sounds perfect.

What should I do? I was thinking about telling him no to move in together, but I don't know how to do it. I am scared that he will think that I don't want to be around him or something..

I don't need a lesson about how hard it is, and that things will change. I already know that :)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, it depends on why you want to wait until you are married? If it is for religious purposes then you know the answer to your own question. Think about all of the people you read about in the bible. How many of them ever lived together before being married? You can answer your own question by reading what the bible says.

Even if it is not for religious purpose lets just use pure reasoning. If you want to wait until marriage and you feel strongly about it why put yourself in a position that could (strong could...really want to say it WILL) compromise your moral standards. Sometimes people don't see past the immediate. For example, if you move in together and you do compromise your moral stand what then? You will have a bad conscience and you will loose respect for your boyfriend and yourself. The relationship will never be the same and you can never go back. You will have to live with that forever. If your boyfriend was sexually active and moves in with you it is inevitable that you will compromise. If he is not you will still compromise. We were created with sexual desires and feelings but they have their place after marriage. If he really wants to be with you and loves you the way you deserve then he will respect your standards and would NEVER do anything to hurt you. Tell him no and stick to it. That will help you see what he is really about. You deserve love and affection, but go about it the right way.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• If you're going to be moving in with your boyfriend you should beware you might just lose your virginity in that situation.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• The only way is to explain this to him. Don't be afraid to air your wants and desires in a relationship otherwise you will just end up unhappy. Be honest and open with him, he will appreciate you for it and I think he will thank you for it. You MUST talk to him before you get so sucked in and feel you can't get out of it. Text him now, don't put it off. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • First, you never want to move in with a guy unless you see marriage in your future with him.

Also, about the virginity question. Just tell him your concerns and that IF you guys decide to live together, there will be no sex and there will be no nakedness in front of each other which means the door to the bedroom stays closed when you're getting dressed in the morning. :P

Finally, don't say yes just because you're afraid of what he'll think if you say no. Moving in together is a big step and he'll understand if you don't want to do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • well you are going to be sleeping next to him everynight right? thast gonna make it very hard. He might think if you move in it will change your mind. I can't imagine sleeping in my boyfriends arms everynight with no sex. also remember you will be with him all the time when changing showering ect. tell me you won't get tempted? my boyfriend and I have been together for years and he still goes nuts when I get out of the shower. I wouldn't reccomend it until you have sex. but it is your choice.

you might just want to explain that you feel it will lead to temptation and you would rather wait good luck :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Welp, you should start out by not doing this at all. Like ever.

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes! :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes