Ok so I cheated on boyfriend but is he kinda violent?

When he found out, he called me all the worst names in the book (understandable, I deserved that) but then he got in my face yelling and then punched the wall before leaving and slamming my door on the way out.

We're trying to work it out. I really regret what I but have to admit I was kind of scared at that moment. For a second, I thought he was gonna do something to do but he didn't (well besides the verbal tongue lashing that is).
Told a closest female friend about this because I was kind of concerned but she also agreed it was a common reaction. I agree but I was quite shaken. Never saw him that way before and I know this isn't his regular self. Kinda scary what a guy can do when he's mad.

510

Most Helpful Guy

• Understandable? You deserve it? Please leave the relationship before you come down with battered woman syndrome. What you did was wrong, yes we can both agree to that, but you do not deserve to be treated in such a hostile manner. Also, you should NEVER fear the actions of a loved one laying hands on you, if you do, leave immediately.

Your relationship will never recover in any case. No one recovers from betrayal. You might turn your back on the feelings it fosters, but it's always going to be present in the relationship. It's like cancer. You could enter into a period of remission, it's going to shrink in size and maybe even be forgotten for a time, but it's going to come back more aggressive then ever before.

It's all as simple as that... this isn't idealist talk... get out of the relationship while you're still you and not someone you don't want to be.

Words of experience. Leave. Leave. Leave.

• Thank you. I'll be taking that into considering. I have never felt this shaken before. Sure I was expecting some words and something like ''You know what it's over'' but not this type of reaction. Maybe it's really over. I'm having a hard time recovering from this and I'm sure he won't recover from my betrayal either.

• When we are actually in danger and someone looses control, if only for even a split second, we experience it. Especially if you know that personal as intimidatingly as I'll bet you know this guy.

You know exactly what flashed through his mind.

p.s. People are upset because you cheated and I'm not here reprimanding your actions. I laugh at my down votes.