Gf and I are having a "mutual" break to "get some space", but how much space does she need?

Last night my girlfriend asked me to come to Uni dorm to "have a talk". I went up and we discussed that our relationship of 5 weeks is going way to fast and think that we should have a small 2 week break to see what we want. I know what I want and that's a relationship with her, but I'm willing to get her all the space she needs.

She told me it's NOT a break up but simply a break and she said we'll have another talk in 2 weeks and see how it goes.

I'm not going to say I'm not worrying about it otherwise I would not even ask the question, I'm just sceptical that she'll break up with completely even though she says she reckons she won't.

We managed to set some rules: 2 weeks of NO or near no contact and no dating/seeing/sleeping with anyone else.

Now based on that it is giving me some comfort that she isn't doing this because she has the hots for someone else.

I do trust her a lot and she does too so I reckon that when we do sort out our issues we'll get back together, well I hope at least and her boyfriend feels that if I do leave her the space we'll be together again.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• 2 weeks sounds like enough time

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Exactly it's not too short and definitely not too long. I can deal with the wait but I can't deal with the break up (if it does happen). Please read the link, I've added further information link