How can I move from trying to find someone like him to looking for someone completely new?

I've noticed that the past few guys I've been interested in are similar in some way to the last guy I really had strong feelings for. I don't want to get caught in this cycle of only trying to find guys who remind me of him somehow.

How can I get over this and move on?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• You like what you like. If that one guy encompassed a lot of the things you like about men, it's inevitable that you're going to end up dating other men with similar attributes.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I've had this too. Like this guy I really liked had brown hair and brown eyes. After he rejected me I started looking for other guys with similar features and interests. But just recently I went on a date with a blond and blue eyed guy. It was weird but I found that if you approach a guy like a friend ask questions and be genuinely interested in what they say. As you get to know them you find these little details about them. You did this too with the guy you previously liked whether it was how they walked or their favorite color, etc. And with this new person perhaps you find the little details that are different but ones that you like. Perhaps you noticed his eyes have a white ring around them or the way he laughs and you like it. You start to see this person as who they are rather than how alike he is to the previous guy you liked.

Does that make sense? I tried to explain it the best way I could. I hope it helps! All the luck to ya!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes