What changes when you get married?

So, a guy I work with, just had his one year anniversary on Friday. But he and his wife had already lived together for 9 years.

He said before they married, she'd stay in bed and go back to sleep when he got up for work, but that now, she gets up and makes him coffee and breakfast while he is in the shower.

I don't understand why the morning routine would change.

What am I missing?

713

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't really understand it, because I'm firmly against pre-marital sex. I can't imagine staying with my girlfriend/fiance even for a day before marriage, let alone 9 years (unless of course, we take an oath that we won't go beyond foreplay before marriage). Its nothing religious, but my ethics and conscience prevent me from indulging in pre-marital sex. I certainly feel that a living, breathing human body is not a car that I should test drive (that is, check for sexual compatibility) before buying (that is, getting married). If emotional compatibility is there, then sexual compatibility will automatically follow. I know that in this age, probably 99.99% of the world's population would disagree with my views, but I still believe they are valid.