Should I stay until I finish chemo or should I run?

Recently my boyfriend broke up with me. He told me it was only because he wasn't happy with where he was in life, and he couldn't focus on us. We still live together and sleep in the same bed so we are constantly in each others' space. He keeps going back and forth with wanting to be all over me hugs, kisses and have sex to not wanting me to touch him at all. He's told me that he wanted to spend time with other people to weigh his options, but then in the same breath he says with other people it's nothing serious. He even told me that he had to much on his mind to support me through my cancer treatments. It really upset me because how does one have time to pursue new people but not enough time to be a friend. Now that I've actually started getting sick and having complications he wants me to stay so he can help me through it. I'm really skeptical because even though I can't really afford to move right now I'm also really emotional and can't control my feelings. I see everything he does and it bothers me to see him entertaining other women. Also, I can't get his words of telling me he can't help me out of my head, those words really hurt me. All of a sudden he is very concerned and helpful, but I don't know if I should run or just stick it out till I can get on my feet and move? Should I trust his concern? My main concern is that I'm as stress free as possible so that I can focus on my health.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh MY F'n GOD ! WTF?

I am not a violent person but I would total beat the living shit out of that SOB ! This is the absolute cruelest evil dude I ever heard of. How low is that piece of work!

I don't know anybody that would ever do that. And I know people who have done some horrible things in their life!...

My stomach turned in pain reading this. God bless you and may your answer come to your heart and everything line up for you to make the move to find relief from stress and evil so you can heal and love somebody deserving ! You most definitely deserve so much...

Praying for you more ways than one!

2|2
    0|0
    • Thanks for the prayer! I am very emotional right now and my judgment is cloudy, but I'm glad to hear someone else weigh in on the situation to let me know I'm not overreacting. I think he is so caught up on convincing me that we aren't together that he is not able to be a friend.

• awww thankyou sweetie ... hugs :),

• find a different place to live or the stress will make you sicker and you won't be able to heal properly,he is a selfish fuck!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• That is very evil and cruel of him! WTF is his problem!?!?! He's insane. That is the lowest of a guy I've ever heard he doesn't deserve you, he doesn't deserve to be in a relationship at all if he's going to treat women like that. Get away from him ASAP!

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have the ability to leave, do so. you could also try to get him to move out. say that the doctor said that it would be best, put less stress on you and make him to the work.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• wow that's so cruel and heartless!

so basically he told you he's not happy where he is in life (lie) so that he can break up with you and date other people, he wants you for sex occasionally and will emotionally manipulate you for it then doesn't want you touching him when he doesn't want to use you for sex, he's too busy to support you going through cancer and chemo! WOW but he has time to date other people!

hes only telling you to stay because he feels obligated and guilty about dumping you to date others or he wants a safety net to fall back on if these current girls don't work out or he can't afford to pay for the house by himself, I wouldn't be surprised if he dumped you because you have cancer and he can't be bothered to deal with it. you deserve SO MUCH BETTER! leave and move in with your parents if you can you don't need to be around such a selfish cold hearted person, never ever contact him again because he doesn't care about you in the slightest

i really hope you get well, you don't deserve the extra stress he's putting on you

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't you have parents? Move in with them ! Please put yourself first and RUN don't walk to the nearest exit. Someone who treats you like that while you are ill isn't worth the turd you drop in the toilet. Who cares if he is truly concerned or not ? RUN--you deserve way better.

1|1
    0|0
  • Run. Run to your mom's house, or a sibling's house, or a friend's house, or... anywhere. Anywhere but with this guy. He's willing to keep you around as you get weaker and weaker and have you watch him date other women? That's disgusting. Run run run.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl you don't need this...drop his sorry butt! Kick him to the curb! You deserve better...you need respect and love at this time of your life...not rejection. If I was you (but I know I am not) I would with hold from giving him sex...make him commit or hit the road! My daughter was with an idiot for ten long years...they had 4 kids together, he treated himself great but everyone else horrid, kept on breaking up with her and getting back, now finally she has left him for good and has found someone who treats everyone in the family great..we all love him...you to if you leave this idiot will find someone who loves and treats you good! HUGS! I hope things get better for you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your boyfriend is the biggest ass. If he doesn't want to be with you OK, but enough with the damn games

0|0
    0|0
  • RUN

0|1
    0|0
  • I would run, he doesn't deserve you.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's what I'm leaning towards. When I say stay I'm not meaning in the relationship I'm meaning stay around to let him help me through this since he has had a change of heart.

• Really really think about that change of heart. If he'd really had one, he'd be apologizing, telling you he loves you, and begging you to take him back. Sounds to me like he just doesn't want to look like an a**hole. Obviously he doesn't care about whether or not he's ACTUALLY an a**hole. You don't want to stay and trust him just to find out he uses the "I let my sick ex live with me so I can take care of her because I'm such a good guy" story to pick up new chicks.

Recommended myTakes