Girls, how would you feel if the guy (really) liked asked you this?

We've known each other for what seems like an eternity but it's only been 3,5 years. I remember seeing her on day one back as this pool in the South of France. I couldn't keep my eyes away from her, she was so pretty and utterly unforgettable. From that day on my emotions for her have grown to a pinnacle and I really do believe she feels the same way.

On Facebook a few days ago will I was talking about how my ex had just broken up with me and I was going through a hard time she said "You know when you told me you were dating some other girl it really hurt me - I've been waiting for you all along".

My heart dropped as soon as I read it, I felt as if my whole world was caving in on itself. I can't fully describe the feeling but I assume it was close to dying. What was she waiting for?

Life has been unfair and unjust towards us, we live in separate countries and it's impossible for us to be together as a couple, at least for now and the 4 years of University.

But I've had this thought, what if we travelled together? For a couple of weeks? Go anywhere we wanted, just us.

Is this a good idea rather than me moving to Paris to be with her, which could jeopardize what we have?

It could be during the summer this year ... I don't know.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just keeptalking to her and make arrangements I'm sure it could work out in the end

0|0
    0|0
    • I hope it does, I really do.

I don't want to make arrangements too soon. I haven't even mentioned this to her.

But what would be the best way to go about this?

• Im not sure maybe just mention it to her as a thought

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• It would be ultimately romantic, and very exciting. The worst that can happen is you two end up having to part ways and are left with an amazing memory of each other. The best is that you start something new and wonderful and rare to find.

But if you leave it alone entirely, you don't get anything out of it at all. Only a haunting, "What if..."

0|0
    0|0
    • Very true.

I know the memories of my stay in Paris in June are embedded in her brain. She couldn't stop telling me how great it was, and how great I was too: in both the sex and how I was acting, etc ...

She means so much to me and I'm ready to think that the road we're on will lead to marriage.

We would have really hot kids ... Brown hair, blue eyes, tanned skin (I'm 1/4 Italian and she's from Jewish decent) ... buff kids haha :D ... but anyway, don't want to look to forward in this

• it seems that it will eventually have to be a long distance relationship , but since you guys have been this inlove through all this years , then go for it , and I prefer that you visit her and see what happens , then you both can arrange a travel together

0|0
    0|0
  • No because you just got out of a relationship. You could be idealizing her after the breakup. It's best to think it out for a bit.

0|0
    1|1
    • I've idealized this girl for years ... I don't think it has anything to do with me and my past relationship.

• Show All
    • To think about it, you are a girl and girls love guys that chase them :/ ... so maybe you wouldn't.

• oh do they? for one who hates when people make assumptions about himself, you make a lot of assumptions. just an observation.

• That's wonderful and you should be thrilled. Such a nice situation and I love that she was bold enough to tell you that.

Visiting her would be a good idea, but get a hotel room or stay with a friend nearby, don't make her feel obligated to have you stay at her place. Traveling together sounds nice, and I'd offer that to her, but a visit would be the first step in my opinion - then set a plan to travel. You can always move there after.

Let me know what you do and what happens!

0|0
    0|0
  • i dun quite understand year story tbh, but a friend of mine, she had a male friend and they were attracted to each other, at the end the guy had to go back his country for work.

they didn't start a relationship though but at the end I know they had a good memory.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think you should go for it :) Its great!

0|0
    0|0
  • This story is so sweet

0|0
    0|0
    • Is it really? :D ... I'm incredibly lucky to have someone like her in my life ... she completes me in every single way. I love her, and I'm not afraid to tell her or show her ... I'm afraid of not taking this risk and moving to her country.

I wonder what her reaction is going to be? Disbelief? Ecstasy? ...

• Show All
    • Good luck

• Thanks. I need all the luck.

What Guys Said 1

• She's into you. Go for it, man.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes