How to get over a break-up?

I was in a very intimate relationship with the person of my dreams that gradually fell apart. I took it well in the beginning because I know it is most likely for the best but it bothers me that my ex seems to be moved on already. We haven't spoken since the final "goodbye" but through social networking and so on he seems to be perfectly fine. I still find myself fantasizing over him and our past. I loved what we had together, it was everything I wanted and needed. I'm not sure where to go from here. I don't want to initiate speaking to him but I'd like to talk to him. Honestly, I am not over him despite the reasons for our break-up. I feel a bit pathetic that I am not handling this well and I miss him terribly. I guess I've just never been rejected by any man until now.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I feel like I am in the same situation right now as you. People handle it differently, I was actually surprised how quickly my ex moved on since she constantly told me how much she loved me and didn't want to spend her life without me. I guess some people just have an easy time putting someone behind them.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't look too much into what he does on social networking. It is just the initial freedom. Also I thought the same as you, my ex was on there all the time, posting things he thought was really funny and it looked like he was all OK. Then I spoke to him and he said he was devastated and had been crying everyday. I mean if we look at it logically guys are hardly going to post all over the internet that they have been bawling their eyes out or anything are they. He actually said he thought that I was over it, but I really wasn't I was in such a state I just didn't know how else to act. You just have to deal with it in your own. Don't beat yourself up for not being over him yet. It is all fresh. It has taken me literally 5 months to get over my ex, and he got a new girlfriend after only 4 weeks. You have to do what is right for you. Grieve, cry when you feel like it, talk it out with someone. Or if no one will listen to you, talk to yourself. Don't go rushing into a relationship though it, because it will be doomed to failure. You need to be over this guy, it will take a while but just start making yourself lists of all the things you would love to do with your life. Your young, don't let this guy suppress your spark.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes