When getting the break up speech, what do you do?

What questions do you ask? Do you just stay silent and leave? Do you get emotional and breakdown? Or get emotional and yell back?

Do you really want to know what happened or do you just let it be?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've experiences a few break ups. For one of them it was a screaming emotional breakup for both of us as. We tried to break up prior to the actual day we did split but we would always fall back into each others arms. So I think the crazy verbal fight had to happen in order for it to finally end.

My second break up was unexpected and not wanted. I cried and cried, begged him to rethink it and asked the same question (Why?) in a million different ways.

Lesson learned though- only we have the answers inside and it takes time to understand them. I've had a few other short relationships that were less serious but did involve a "talk" to end things. For these it was me who decided to end things. The guys would always ask me why but wouldn't drag it on for the most part. I think as we age we learn to accept things and not question too much.

If I ever fall as in love again and get dumped I will just hold my tears and walk away as I now know that crying won't get me anything more than a headache and swollen eyes.

0|1
    0|0
    • crying is a way of expressing and releasing emotions. Its quite healthy.

• A girl as pretty as you, the guy would have to be a fool to not want to be with you...unless you turn out to be crazy :P

• Thats sweet Jamesma87 but I at the end of the day I guess looks only go so far. I don't think I'd fit the definition of crazy but maybe it depends who you're asking haha :-)

I agree that crying is healthy...what I meant is that I would hold them back in the breakup moment.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• um it depends.

If I honestly feel like it won't work anymore as well, then I sit silent and probably a little emotional but then talk about how I feel too and then leave

If I do not think my partner is being logical, then I will most likely get emotional, have a slight breakdown, and try to convince him to think differently.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'd always like some sort of explanation as to why, assuming it happens out of the blue. I think knowing why things were ended can be an educational experience for future relationships. If things are already going bad and the break-up will obviously be happening, I probably wouldn't question as much and just want to create that space.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always wanted to just laugh and walk away...but never happens that way and my reaction always depends on the relationship I had with that person..

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been dumped twice! First time I cried a lot because he hurt me very very much and I was really young. Second time I only got little (acceptable) emotional and asked few questions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha I've never really gotten the speech. Whenever a boy has broken up with me, I always just responded with "Okay. That's all right. Maybe see you around." Haha it confused them because I could tell they had prepared a speech and maybe expected me to react more emotionally, but oh well. When a guy tells me he doesn't want to be with me, I like to make the split as simple and painless as possible (and I usually see it coming anyways).

Sometimes I cry or get upset later, but not during the talk. When the talk is happening, I just want to get through it haha.

0|0
    0|1
  • i suck it up and take it the best I can. then when he leaves I cry

0|0
    0|0
  • you just stay silent and leave

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• You smile awkwardly while trying to process what is happening. Lol

Honestly If there is no hope I thank them for our time together. I thank them for being honest and respecful in telling me it is over. I make sure that they are okay then go home. Shed a few tears and drink a fifth of vodka.

Do whatever feels natural. Go through the 5 stages of grief.Just don't become violent or immature

1|2
    0|0
  • I respond differently every time but I'm the type to stop them half way through and tell them they don't need to say anymore, I know where this is going, then turn and leave. It lets me feel like I retained some control over the situation and makes it easier.

0|0
    0|0
    • This is what I do as well. But it always leaves me with unanswered questions. I am always torn as to if I wished I asked those questions or am glad I just left. Sometimes I think the dignity you save is just a facade .

• Reactions that I've gotten from girls has always been really emotional and tough for me to get through because I feel pretty bad

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only been broken up with once. I was quiet. Asked a few questions, but kind of accepted it in front of her. When she left I cried for a few days. We didn't break our plans to hang out a few days later, we figured we could do it as friends and the day before we were supposed to still hang out I told her I couldn't see her because I was heartbroken. She was surprised, thinking I didn't have feelings for her, hence why she broke it off. After that, we talked on the phone and cleared some things up a bit.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes