What's your best method to get your confidence back after a breakup?

So, I'm officially 4 days single now, and I'm beginning to have those weird thoughts that we all have when we go through a break-up like:

-Will anyone ever love me again?

-I'm so weird! How could anyone want to be with me?

-What if everyone except my ex thinks I'm ugly when I'm naked?

-If I have another break-up again, will I even survive or will I die of heartache?

We've all been there, and most of us have survived. Right now, I'd like to hear your advice on how you regain your confidence when you're feeling this way! If your advice is to go to a bar and bang a bunch of strangers, no thank you, that is not my style. I just want to hear what you tell yourself to make yourself feel better about all of the flaws you see in yourself. Thanks!

1017

Most Helpful Guy

• Well as you've already mentioned, many people advise to go to bars, have a laugh and meet new people as soon as possible, but I've always thought this to be the worst kind of advice, as the underlying issues of your break-up are still there and that only complicates things further down the line if they are not addressed first. Unfortunately there is nothing that is going to make you feel better immediately, but you need to know that someone will love you again, we are all weird in our own ways, so don't worry about that. I'm fairly sure that you're not 'ugly' naked and experiences like this will only make you stronger if this were ever to happen to you again.

Just try to engage in the things that you enjoy doing personally, like going to the gym, concentrating on your work or studies and have yourself a bit of 'me' time. In the mean time, don't ignore the thoughts and feelings that you are having about your break-up... Work through them, get upset about them and try to come to some sort of internal resolution and find peace with all that has happened. Over time, you will find that you become accustomed to your own routine in doing the things that you enjoy and will find that you have come to terms with this break-up. Only when you feel right inside and have come to terms with this will you be ready to date again properly, and only you will know when the time is right, so don't let people try to force you back into it until you are ready!

I know from experience how hard and depressing a break-up can be and I am familiar with all the questions you are asking yourself, but I can assure you that only time will heal your feelings and you will come out of this a stronger person. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me... Otherwise, I wish you well with how you're feeling right now! :o)