Why do guys buy girls presents and expect nothing in return?

And don't you dare say because its because you don't like presents. I'm serious is this every guy because when my ex and I were together he would get me a present and id feel bad because I didn't get him anything and he told me he didn't want anything. And then my friend he fricken took me to dinner and told me I didn't have to pay him back and he's getting me a really expensive awesome Christmas present and when I asked him what he wanted he said I don't want anything. YOU KNOW YOU WANT A PRESENT. Do all guys do this to girls and if you do why. Why won't you accept a gift from us because I feel kinda guilty not getting them something. Are you doing it to impress us or

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When I I give gifts, it's because I want to. It's not a manipulation play to get something out of it in return... If a girl wants to give me a gift I'll accept it under the same conditions. If your intentions are based on a good heart and you are gifting something to me because you wanted to, not because you felt guilty about not getting me something as well, or because you felt guilty because you did something wrong and feel you can buy me off then I will accept it. Gifts are suppose to be given when you are thinking of someone and feeling charitable... Do that, and I'll accept a gift graciously with thanks.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• some guys really are nice, but others might hope for sex in return...

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because they love you and they did it unconditionally. They really feel like they don't need anything from you because you being there fr them and with them is better than any gift can give. Though to be honest I'd get him something if I were you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow I have someone who loves me this is kinda great. I'm a terrible gift giver he gave me absolutely nothing to go on. Maybe ill get him some candy I know what his favorite candy is

• Boyfriends should appreciate the smallest things. It just shows you care. By the way I just wanted to let you know that I wouldn't expect gifts after giving gifts to a girlfriend because just being with her is enough. Other guys might think differently but I'm sure there will be more who think the same.

What Girls Said 2

• Despite popular belief, presents and gift giving aren't supposed to be something that is done expecting something in return.

Anytime you give a gift, it should be only to make the other people happy.

Same with compliments, favors and other things you do to be nice.

0|0
    0|0
    • Im very new to recivig gifts. No guy has ever bought me anything expensive that may be why I feel a tad bit guilty because he has like no money and he is scraping money together to get me something.

• Gifts make me feel guilty too :s

• Maybe they are waiting for the sex without voicing it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes