Is this cheating on my boyfriend?

I've been in a long distance relationship with this guy for a while now, but lately he's been ignoring me and pushing me away when I need to talk, meanwhile he goes to all of his other friends whenever they need someone to talk to.

I've been hurt by this and so I've started hanging out with my friend(who is also my ex). He says he likes me and I kind of like him too. We've both told each other that we kinda like each other and that we might possibly want to date if things don't work out with me and my current boyfriend.

I need to know if I am cheating by thinking of going out with my ex if me and my boyfriend break up. Can anyone tell me if this is cheating?

(and we are all 16, if that helps in anyway)

Updates:
I told my boyfriend the truth about the whole thing. He wasn't mad and I'm still with him.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm would you want your boyfriend to have a backup just in case girlfriend? Would that bother you? You don't seem to seriously care about him if you're acting as if it's already going to end. I'd say leave him and find someone else if you're already going down that road.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Its not cheating. You don't seem happy though so choose which guy you want to be with before you do anything, don't cheat!

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol... you shouldn't be planning or talking to someone else if you are still in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • 16 year olds are incapable of cheating. Do as you see fit.

0|0
    0|0
  • do it just so you can get hurt and learn an important leasson in life

0|0
    0|0
    • He sounds like a pushover

What Girls Said 2

• In my opinion, if you're hiding it from your boyfriend, it's cheating, or at least deceitful.

That being said, you're 16. You're young and I don't think society holds you to particularly high moral standards.

If you're thinking about dating other guys, end the relationship you're in. It's obviously not making you happy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say it's cheating exactly but not very respectful to your current boyfriend. If you're having this much trouble with your current boyfriend you should really talk to him no matter what, any way you have to. I am sure even if not cheating he probably won't be very happy about this stuff with your ex. I would put yourself in his place and see what you would think if he was doing the same behind your back.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes