Still crushing! (But no one is making any moves)

I have written about this before but here is the deal now I like someone at work ( a higher up) and we talk from time to time if I am leaving or in passing. I work retail so around this time its pretty busy now what is going on now is that I think he knows I am attracted to him but how do I know if he is genuinely attracted to me not just being nice? In talking I found out his age his birthday what candy he likes that he does have kids, but he releases little bits about himself in every conversation that we have but no one is making any moves I'm scared because I don't want to move to fast and he's scared I think because he is a (higher up).

He used to flirt a lot but now he hides in the back so the only time I see him is if I go on my break or if I am going home and he talks to me then all of the time but never on the floor anymore and when he leaves he looks at me and raises his eyebrows and smiles or waves what do you guys think happened. I was planning on giving him a gift basket ( I make them as a hobby), its very nice but I don't want to make him feel weird its a x-mas gift but he's a great guy so I made it. HELP!

11