Do you think this is a truthful reason for breaking up with somebody?

So here's the deal. My ex girlfriend and I are now broken up and we no longer speak and we both really dislike each other. At one point however, we were in love, and things were really great between us. She's had abusive relationships in the past, and I did treat her really well. She told me all the time how much she loved me, and how great of a boyfriend I really was. She would tell me all the time how she would never leave me, and hoped that we would be together forever.

Well, we broke up 2 times. The first time we broke up, it was kinda ugly. She told me later that she broke up with me because she wanted me to be more secure with myself. She felt that my insecurities were bringing down the relationship. She said that she wanted me to work on myself and be happy being myself. She also said, that she honestly wanted to wait 3-4 months, and then get back together...She told me she the reason she broke up with me was to put ME before herself...

Well, I don't know how truthful all that was. I mean, who breaks up with somebody and expects them to come back in 3-4 months and take them back. I mean, if she didn't tell me all this, and if we didn't end up getting back together a few days later, I would've just moved on with my life...

I just don't get it... She's proven herself to be a manipulative person, and quite frankly, one of the worse people I have ever met in my life... She broke up with me again because I lied to her and told her that her ex boyfriend contacted me first, when I contacted him when we broke up the first time... I only said that to save our relationship, and to not make her angry at me...

Turns out, she's talking to him the whole time, after telling me she would never talk to him... Calls me a liar and all these names, but when she goes and does the same...

but, my question is really involving the part where "I'm breaking up for you". LIke, expecting to get back together in 3-4 months?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, from what you said I don't think that's really truthful. It feels like she was trying to put a nice way of saying "It's not you, it's me".

3-4 months? How would you possibly put a time limit on something like that? It seems like she just wanted to do whatever she wanted to do and then expect you to come crawling back after she had her fun.

That's my opinion, at least.