I'm addicted to sugar, how can I break my sugar addiction?

I am not fat/chubby by any means, but I am aware that sugar is not the best substance to load my body with. I know for sure that my addiction can lead to health problems. I am trying to reduce the amount of sugar I consume, but sometimes I feel powerless against my sugar cravings. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally know what your going through I was recently diagnosed as being borderline diabetic which is kind of funny seeing as I'm 19 and weight 109 pounds but I guess consuming so much sugar and junk food was bound to catch up with me eventually. So since I was diagnosed I've tried my best to minimize my intake as much as possible I don't recommend going cold turkey or else your body will hate you for it, try wienning yourself off the sugar slowly try consuming a little less every few days and if there's a sugary substance that you love you don't have to give it up but you'll have to give up other things to compensate for it for me its ketchup I can't live without it so inorder to keep consuming it I gave up skittles which are my second greatest love and don't give everything up just minimize your consumption and you could also try not consuming sugar for a a few days maybe 3 and when those days are up treat yourself to a candy bar and as time goes on try prolonging that my time from a few days to week your body will eventually stop craving the sugar as badly. I won't lie it will be rough in the begining

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• lolwut?

It's not really something you have a patch for, or some magic alternative..

You just kind of decide no, I've had enough of that lately.

1|0
    0|0
  • don't become friends with me because I am way too sweet :),

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I'd suggest decreasing your sugar intake, cold turkey would be pretty difficult so just decrease until your body is used to the lower intake and then decrease again. Fruit is sweet too because of the fructose you could try to curb your sweet tooth with snacking on fruit as well.

Also if you do your own cooking, the amount of sugar can almost always be decreased.

It's difficult to do since your body becomes addicted to sugar.

Good Luck!

2|0
    0|0
  • I heard somewhere that sugar is as addictive as cocaine, but who knows

1|0
    0|0
  • Eat fruit instead of candy or whatever. Maybe the sugars will curb your cravings.

1|0
    0|0
  • Who cares? eat away live your life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Switch to sugary healthy food like bananas.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes