I'm addicted to sugar, how can I break my sugar addiction?

I am not fat/chubby by any means, but I am aware that sugar is not the best substance to load my body with. I know for sure that my addiction can lead to health problems. I am trying to reduce the amount of sugar I consume, but sometimes I feel powerless against my sugar cravings. What should I do?

62

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally know what your going through I was recently diagnosed as being borderline diabetic which is kind of funny seeing as I'm 19 and weight 109 pounds but I guess consuming so much sugar and junk food was bound to catch up with me eventually. So since I was diagnosed I've tried my best to minimize my intake as much as possible I don't recommend going cold turkey or else your body will hate you for it, try wienning yourself off the sugar slowly try consuming a little less every few days and if there's a sugary substance that you love you don't have to give it up but you'll have to give up other things to compensate for it for me its ketchup I can't live without it so inorder to keep consuming it I gave up skittles which are my second greatest love and don't give everything up just minimize your consumption and you could also try not consuming sugar for a a few days maybe 3 and when those days are up treat yourself to a candy bar and as time goes on try prolonging that my time from a few days to week your body will eventually stop craving the sugar as badly. I won't lie it will be rough in the begining