Social withdraw after a break up?

A lot of people need their friends after a break up, but do some people feel like they've been abandoned (by their significant other) and just disappear socially from everyone? Basically barely any contact on the phone or the internet. Does it help or hurt your situation?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on the type of person you are. some people sort of go into a cave, and it may help them sort of sort things out on their own. help them sort of do some re-examination. It can hurt if rather than making the time productive the person is more or less just wallowing in sorrow.

I think a mix of both being social and being a bit socially separated can help a lot. Being with friends cna sort of reassure you that you are worthy of being liked and help you reconnect with people who like you unconditionally but I think it is also good to have time to yourself. When you can sort of let out emotions and really analyze where you are at, how you got there, and then where you want to go

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• When I've been through break-ups in the past, I isolate myself immediately and it usually lasts for about a couple days. I'll open up to a few people to talk about it. It helps to express your feelings to others since it releases negative inner tensions and feelings. But I try to keep my feelings to myself for the most part, because I find that I annoy my guy friends when I whine and complain about the terrible situation too much. I've lost some close friends behaving like that.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Usually immediately after the break up, for about a week I close myself off to kind of let it fully hit me what happened, get my head around that as well as allow myself some time to mope and be depressed. After about a week or 2, depending on how badly it ended, these feelings of sadness usually turn into anger after which I hang out with girlfriends every night and usually completely roast the guy over drinks :P

So yea, I think a little bit of isolation helps because you kind of need to pull yourself together and gather your thoughts on the whole situation before being around others.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes