Social withdraw after a break up?

A lot of people need their friends after a break up, but do some people feel like they've been abandoned (by their significant other) and just disappear socially from everyone? Basically barely any contact on the phone or the internet. Does it help or hurt your situation?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on the type of person you are. some people sort of go into a cave, and it may help them sort of sort things out on their own. help them sort of do some re-examination. It can hurt if rather than making the time productive the person is more or less just wallowing in sorrow.

I think a mix of both being social and being a bit socially separated can help a lot. Being with friends cna sort of reassure you that you are worthy of being liked and help you reconnect with people who like you unconditionally but I think it is also good to have time to yourself. When you can sort of let out emotions and really analyze where you are at, how you got there, and then where you want to go

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE