Why is "break up" always the answer?

On here, at least, it seems like whenever anyone posts anything about having a conflict with their significant other the answers saying to break up outnumber the answers providing actual advice.

I'm just curious why that is.

Why does everyone seem to jump right to ending the relationship no matter what the issue - no matter how small - is?

Any thoughts?
I was more so directing my question toward answers for questions on here that don't involve the actual question "should we break up?" or ones that aren't in the break up category.

Questions like, "My SO and I had a fight" or I don't know how to tell so and so this." Those sort of questions.

810

Most Helpful Guy

• It is because people are too lazy to try and work things out and be honest with their partners. Seriously if you fall in love with someone the spark will eventually fade, you guys will get into arguments and tick eachother off. Things won't always be the perfect fairy tale they expect it to be. So they give up the best thing that could have ever walked into their life because well they truly don't love them and they truly don't care enough to try and work things out.

Ok now I get when both parties in a relationship are both trying to work things out the best they can and they just aren't getting anywhere to the point where they're unhappy and can't ignore it, then yes they should break up. Like another answerer here said if you're not married and have no kids then it's not worth the hassle.

However if one party in the relationship is having an issue with the other party. If they truly loved and cared about the other person they'd be honest and openly talk to them about it. If the other party listened and tried to work on it then he cares and he tries. Things won't always work out but they'd work out better if people actually communicated to their partner.

So I guess my final answer is because people just don't care and don't want to put enough effort into a relationship. Or maybe the meaning of how to maintain a true relationship has been lost. Maybe it's to help someone escape an abusive relationship or to just get away from someone who doesn't care about them. Anything are valid reasons but it just seems like people don't really try anymore.