Is it stupid to believe a man can be faithful?

I truly believed a man could be faithful. My friends say all men cheat, and honestly I'm starting to think its true and I'm just being stupid. I've never cheated but I've been cheated on and my friends have been cheated on as well.

What do you guys think? Stupid?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Plenty of men do not cheat and can remain perfectly loyal and faithful to one woman. Some women who get hurt one or even a few times suddenly begin to think that ALL men cheat, and that is an ignorant mind set, in my honest opinion. Plenty of women cheat as well and plenty of men do not cheat. These types of things are dependent upon the individual, not their sex.

1|3
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Most guys I know personally don't and, to my knowledge, haven't.

But I'm aware a lot have.

I think it's 50/50, but its not evenly spread. In some social circles cheating is normal, in others its rare.

0|0
    0|0
  • Here we go again, limited experiences with men does not mean every single guy will be the same. There are plenty of honest and trustworthy guys out there.

1|1
    0|0
  • Men are more then capable of being faithful. I've been cheated on, never cheated. Never thought about it. Is it fair for me to generalize that all women cheat? No, because we are human beings. We are all a different, complex, and complicated beings no two being exactly alike. In my personal opinion cheating is based in you're morals and conviction of character. I'm not here to judge anyone who has cheated, but it's just not who I am, and their are plenty of people like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is stupid to believe most humans are faithful things. The odds that you will cheat on someone are ridiculously high and definitely not in your favor and also ironically not really within your rational control.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not stupid since there are faithful people out there... are they in a minority? Unfortunately they are.

0|1
    0|0
    • It's about 60/40 actually in loose mathematics. It's really 53/47, so basically a coin toss.

• Yes, it sounds stupid to question if mean can actually be faithful... Obviously we can be.

0|0
    3|0
  • Yes, it is stupid. I've been cheated on, but I've never cheated. Perhaps your friends say that to excuse their own cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do your friends have loving fathers? Have they ever cheated?

0|0
    0|0
  • Generalizing is generally a bad idea, there you go.

1|0
    1|0
  • In my experience women cheat just as much if not more than men

0|1
    1|0
  • No I wouldn't cheat I highly doubt I would I would certainly really try not to

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been cheated on before, had girls turn 180 and treat me like an enemy for nothing, had girls be mean to me for no reason, and so on.

Does this mean that all girls are like this, simply because it seems that it's all I've experienced?

0|0
    0|0
  • ive actually found more girls cheat on me and my friends than the other way around.

0|0
    1|0
  • (Sigh) Can't we adjust the subject matter to "Is it stupid to believe people can be faithful?"

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• No its not stupid. It's like when men say that all women cheat. We all know that's not true. Some women do, others don't. Cheating is not gender exclusive. it just depends on the person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's stupid to believe that a man cannot be faithful.

2|2
    0|0
  • Most men can't

0|0
    0|0
  • No, there are 8 billion of them on the planet, and unless you met all of them you can not reach that conclusion

1|0
    0|0
  • There's men that cheat and women that cheat. It's only a small percentage for either gender according to statistics.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes