Am I being too sensitive - boyfriend doesn't seem to care

We had a fire alarm in our flat block this morning and my boyfriend and I got up to leave (obviously!) . But my boyfriend didn't wait for me. He just turned the lights off and left the flat while I was still putting my shoes on. I got out through the back but it's a bit of a walk round to the front where he was. I was 5 min after him and he didn't seem to notice...or care. This kind of thing (him not seeming to care) has happened numerous times since we've been together, e.g when I'm ill he asks me to stay with my mum so he doesn't catch anything , but he says I'm oversensitive and he "obviously" loves me. I don't think it's obvious. I can't get out of my head that if there had been a real fire, he wouldn't have waited for me. We both thought there might be a small fire upstairs at the time. Am I overreacting though?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems like he is a little callous towards you. Reminds me of how my father treats my mom, its not that he does not care he just has a really hard time showing it... my dad gets stiff when you give him a hug and only say I love you if you say it first. Not only that, but he will think that everything is fine and is obvious to how you feel. I suggest you sit down and talk to him about how you feel communication is the most important part of a relationship. See if he changes after your chat! good luck!