How do you decide enough is enough?

When you are in love with someone, but they keep hurting you over and over, what is the breaking point? When do you just say enough is enough?

I just had to do this, and am having a tough go of it but I know it will get easier as time passes. But I wanted to hear "breaking point" stories from other people

Thanks!

84

Most Helpful Girl

• I wish I can say that I had my breaking point sooner, but It took me taking him back around four times,before I realized that It just wouldn't work anymore. He was my first boyfriend and the first guy that I had many first with. After our first break up things just wernt the same anymore, and he had picked up this habit of leaving for a few months when things would get rough, then comeback as if everything was ok.

I kept giving him chances because I did love him, and he would put on a good performance as if he was really sorry. The first two - three weeks between us are amazing and we spend so much time together. Things don't get rocky until after being intimate with him. He would get really controlling and find little tiny things to argue with me about. He'd watch my Facebook to see who I was talking too, and would get seriously angry if anyone(guys/girls) would talk to me. At first I use to think it was cute and he was just showing that he cared, but no this guy had a serious problem.

Not to mention he's had over 30 - 40 Facebook accounts for no reason. The final straw for me was when I found out he made a new account to talk to some chick I had suspicions about. When I confronted him about it, he said he wasn't hiding anything, but didn't want me on that account. I really didn't trust him about it, and we argued non- stop till I just said forget it. He didn't call me a few days and I got curious as to what was going on so I checked the Facebook. On his wall I saw him talking to that girl telling her how I abandoned him. Then he put another post talking to her thanking her for cheering him up. He went on about how she was such an amazing women and that he was going to cut me off completely and how happy he was that he was doing it.

You have no idea how pissed I was. I did everything for that guy and made so many sacrifices for his happiness, but no matter what I did he was never satisfied. The funny thing about it though is that he tries to play both sides. When he's with me he's always talking down on his friends as if they treat him so bad, but once we split go right back to them. I'm pretty sure he bad mouths me too seeing why he would try to keep me a secret from his friends.

Upon looking at it from an ex girlfriend point of view he really was trying to play me, and he had been for the past few months. It took me a lot of courage and willpower to finally extract my emotions from this guy and focus more on myself. I feel like he's been trying to win that girl over and hasn't been successful, and when his attempts don't work comeback to me and try to win me over again. During the relationship he was extremely verbally abusive, and it killed my confidence alot. So I'm slowly bring it back up one step at a time, and I can honestly say these past two months have been peaceful and drama free. It is really tough letting someone you love go, but you have to stop looking at it through rose colored glasses. You broke up for a reason.

• Your story sounds almost identical to what I am going through right now. My was also verbally abusive and also killed my confidence. It made me feel not good enough. And I Still can get over it. I hang out with friends and try to keep myself busy but it is so hard to get rid of the memories. What where your first steps on bringing that confidence back up? and move on?

• ur story is inspiring! good work getting over that loser. I know a lot of people will read this and use your words to help with the pain they are feeling

• Thank you for best answer! :) I hope that is does! <3