He broke my heart! How can I get back at him?

I met a guy on a dating site about a month ago. We connected so well and had three amazing dates. I really like him and the last time we saw each other, he ended up spending the night and I gave him a bj. The next morning he was being sweet and said that if I wanted to hang out, I should let him know. I called him and he said that he had to go out of town for business but would be back next week. I said that he should let me know when he is back so we can hang out because I want to see him. I then went back on that site just to delete old messages and noticed that he updated his profile and actually blocked me! I could still see when he was online though, which has been almost every day! Its been over a week now and no call or text from him. He really broke my heart because I really liked him and we would have been so good together. I want to make him realize that what he did was NOT OK and make him feel guilty about it. What should I do/say to him to achieve this? (And please don't tell me its my own fault that I gave him oral sex too soon because I had sex with my last serious boyfriend on the first date and he ended up falling in love with me and we had a wonderful relationship!)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• For every story you tell me like you and your ex boyfriend sleeping on the first date and having a wonderful relationship, I can tell you 20 stories of sleeping on the first dates and never talking to each other again.

Point being, don't ask a question and tell answerers that they can't tell you a certain answer. It's no coincidence that the contact was cut off exactly after you got sexual. He spent how long it was going to take to take advantage of you and then he left.

Unfortunately, you're a victim of a common online dating problem. If you decide to online date again, automatically assume that the person you date is also dating others, because I can almost guarantee you they are. The eggs in one basket thug deserves the best answer because it is absolutely true. When it comes to online dating, nothing is ever certain until you look at each other and say you're committed. Until then, pretty good odds that after that Friday night date with you, they're on a Saturday night date with someone else.

That's what this guy did and is still doing. He's out there hanging out with multiple girls hoping to get as much action as he can.

The lesson here? I've been in 3 committed relationships that were all long term, and nothing sexual happened between us until we were committed. I'd give that a try.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Before you put all your eggs in a basket, take a little more time to examine the basket is secure next time.

1|0
    0|0
  • see that's the problem with you girls. "I want to make him realize that what he did was NOT OK and make him feel guilty about it"...WTF that just goes to show you really do care about him but that fact that you said make him "feel guilty" really stood out. Sorry hun but as great as you might be..your not that great. That is just childish and sounds like you hold a grudge because he hasn't YET contacted you. Move on with your life and if he comes around again make it a little more difficult for him. You can't make someone do/feel something that you are feeling. women logic= mind blown

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Why would you want to get back at him? If you went out with a guy 3 times and decided you weren't interested in him would that make you a bad person that the guy should "get back at you?"

Just be glad he didn't string you along for a long time!

0|0
    0|0
    • If I wasn't interested in a guy, I wouldn't have been on a third date with him in the first place! After date one, I would make it very clear that I don't see it going anywhere and I certainly WOULD NOT tell him sweet things making him believe I really liked him and get in bed with him. That's the difference between good and bad people as far as dating goes!

• I agree with kambo. While he shouldn't have blown you off and could have let you know he was no longer interested, you shouldn't have put all your stock in this one guy. One month of seeing someone over three dates isn't nearly enough to plan a future with them. Besides, that's the point of dating: hang out a few times to get to know each other and see if you're both interested in seeing where it goes. He likely just decided (after the convenient BJ) that he was no longer interested. It sucks, but that's life and it happens. Move on to the next one.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes