Where is a great place to move in? (lower 48)

My boyfriend and I currently live in Wisconsin. We were born and raised here. He lived in Texas for one year, other than that we have both lived in Wisconsin for our whole lives. We want to move somewhere it's not so cold in the winter, and not super hot in the summer where it's dreadful (like Texas).

Does anyone have any ideas of where a good place to live in the U.S lower 48 states is? Good with climate, economy, people, etc.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• California has ideal weather but it is by far the most expensive and there are a ton of assholes. I spent the last year going through many states Michigan was where I settled for a while(central Michigan not Detroit). The people were exceptionally friendly and it was really reasonably priced. The summer weather seemed similar to the California weather in the summer, but slightly more humid. But once winter started I had to get the hell out of there. I have never lived in snow and I may enjoy it I really had no set place to live for about 6 months I was just jumping from here or there for a while but once that snow hits I wasn't going to be doing that.

Most states I went through I would not suggest living, Colorado is beautiful if you like the snow but it worse than even Michigan or Wisconsin for that matter with the amount of snow.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm originally from California and the people are very mean there and frankly I'm not going back, and very expensive there, beautiful state and beautiful weather but yeah assholes.

• Show All
    • I know... makes me sad :'(

• How do you look up questions now? I don't know where certain categories are now lol.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Orlando Florida is a really good city, there is a lot of moisture here because we have the sea on both sides only an hours drive and it never gets too terribly hot during the summer and rarely ever gets cold in the winter. People are pretty friendly here. The city is very affordable.

0|0
    0|0
  • The most temperate weather (doesn't have extremes) is going to be west of the Rockies mountain range. This means Washington, Oregon and California. This has to do with the cold pacific ocean. The more north you go the colder and vice versa obviously. The rest of the counties weather is more seasonal except a lot of the south which is mainly hot. I personally like the general attitude and a lot of the social politics of the west coast as well, especially were I live. Whether or not people act mean is going to depend on the person.

I hear Oregon is really pretty and has pretty nice weather while being more affordable that most of California. It does rain a lot though. I hear Oregon has a nice economy as well. There is no sales tax. I would look into places like Portland. I hear it's nice. I've heard people from my area in California say how they want to retire there because it's cheaper and can buy a house with land which is uncommon were I live.

0|0
    0|0
  • Atlanta is decent, just live in the outskirts. I was born in Chicago, and we have much better weather. For comparison--it was bitterly cold here, recently. About 30, 40 degrees. By Chicago, it was 3 below zero. And winter only lasts a few months here. Summers are great, but not stifling hot. Hot enough you might roast if you lay out too long at the pool or you're doing yard work in the heat of the day, but not hot enough you can't stand being outside.

Also, Atlanta is a booming business center, if you can't find a job here, you're pretty much doomed.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no perfect state in terms of weather, however, you really can't get much better than where I live...Cleveland, Ohio

0|0
    0|0
    • ...and I mean that as in, you're not likely to get tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes, or hurricanes here (yeah, we get an occasional earthquake, and the occasional blizzard/snow storm) but really we only ever get heavy rain. it gets warm in the summer but not unbearably, like Texas. It doesn't get so cold like it does up in wis. either, we're more of a temperate climate

• I would assume Ohio has about the same weather as WI, just not as cold. I assume everything is quite similiar though. We don't have volcanoes, earthquakes, or any of that either. I think we are both thinking of something that stays in the 50s-60s + F in winter.

• North Carolina.

0|0
    2|0

What Girls Said 4

• good weather often correlates with higher rent and mortgage rates. My parents live in LA, LA is nice as long as you end up in a suburban area east of downtown. San Diego, also very nice but very expensive. I go to school in Arizona. it's crazy hot and dry in the summer, from May to August. but other than that it's super nice for the rest of the year, also rent and mortgage are pretty cheap in comparison with LA

0|0
    0|0
    • Well California has the highest population in the U.S. Everyone knows CA is extremely expensive, along with higher minimum wage to accommodate for the expenses. I love CA but we aren't looking to live there. Arizona is a bit too hot for our taste. Thanks!

• the south has a lower cost of living, so if u have a decent amount of money already saved up and then u combine that with the money you'll make here you can get a really nice place for little compared to other areas

for example they say that in NYC $1000/month can get you a studio apartment in the hood
    but in GA that same amount of money can get you either a luxury apt or would be a monthly mortgage in a middle class area

0|0
    0|0
  • cali.if you want good weather. But so do a lot of other people...

0|0
    0|0
    • I just saw your comment about it being expensive. Tennessee is pretty nice as is Virginia. um...my relatives are moving to Grand Junction, CO. It's quite a lot like a desert there but it doesn't snow as much. I know they chose that area specifically because of that. So yeah

• San francisco

0|0
    0|0
    • CA is too expensive for us, although I did love it when I went on vacation in L.A. Thank though!

Recommended myTakes