My wife (HS sweetheart) cheated, did I made a mistake marrying young?

I found out through a keylogger last month and it was been very difficult for us. She has been expressing remorseful but I don't know if I can ever get over it and the fact that she could forget about our special, unique, intimate moment quickly and let someone else inside her. We were each others' first and met as 15 year-old sophomores in HS.

I proposed to her way back in March 2011 (was 21 and both in college). We got married in May 25 2012. Now everything seems pointless to me. I can't see her nor our moments in the same way, all that pure and innocent love is gone right before my eyes.

They started an emotional affair since mid-July and it turned into a physical affair starting in August.
I don't understand it. I know there are obviously very attractive women but I would have never traded them for my love.

47

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey

I am sorry to hear this, coming from a similar story, I understand the heartbreak of it all and the feeling of total deception and loss. You're going to have to go deep down and ask yourself if you have the power of character to forgive and trust her again, and I would obviously only be doing that if she is making the effort. What is a keylogger because one of the big flashing signs to me beyond the immediate story is that she didn't tell you herself and that is leading me to think she is even less noble than just making the mistake of cheating. You two have to have fully open communication which is REALLY hard to do when it comes to sexual cheating, very hard because the brutality, disgust and jealousness that encompasses that means you will have to learn to keep emotions at bay, and both be very big characters. Putting everything on the table is the best place to start. Go in, ask yourself if you can forgive betrayal, if you can trust and love again and if you make those decisions that you can, you can not keep this over her head. That is forgiveness. You will have to move on, one day at a time, the ball is in your court to choose if it is together or apart.