Ladies I would like to know if I said the right thing to my ex?

OK a few weeks ago I found out my ex had a new boyfriend. She was my first love and I was hers. we dated for 2 1/2 years and when we broke up we decided to still be friends. a few years have passed and now she has someone and it stung. we texted a bit about if I should continue to text her or not I didn't want to put a strain on her new relationship she said it was fine. at the end of the conversation I made her promise me that he would make her happier then I did. I haven't texted her almost at all since (only to wish her a happy birthday and thanksgiving)? Am I doing the right thing? Ladies what do you think I should do if anything?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you were one of those exes that I fell really hard for, your promise to not let my current boyfriend make me happier than you did would affect me. But at the same time, if she is placing her current boyfriend above what you guys had, then... she is obviously more happy with him and that is just where her feelings are at the moment. If she has feelings for you or she wants you around more she will let you know, unless she is the really stubborn type. Sooner or later girls go after what they want kind of thing

0|0
    0|0
    • I made her promise to me that he WOULD make her happier then I did.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Sorry to sound blunt, but you can't really do much now. I personally would like to see you taking care of your own feelings. She has a new guy and although she doesn't know it, has you thinking about her as well. I would begin to fade all contact and then go no contact, very rarely do these friendships pan out. I would move on and look after yourself for a while, let yourself feel better otherwise she will be forever toying with your mind and you will never move on. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • If she isn't putting in any effort to really contact you anymore I would probably just let her go, still say hi every once in a while just to let her know you still care. As long as she's happy and that's what you want it's time to move on and find someone who makes you happy too, it's okay to be upset about it and not quite know what to do but just give it some time. Above all just do what feels right to you, It'll all work out

0|0
    0|0
  • I would slowly back off from texting her immediately. No matter what she says. Of course she's gonna be okay with it. I can understand both of you wanting to communicate--you're each others first loves and on some level, I think you'll always be important to each other. But you don't want to have problems with her new boyfriend by her texting her ex.

Tl;dr--just slowly cease texting and then stop texting her completely. It will be hard but you'll be better for it. If you ever see her in person, speak and act normal around her but don't do anything overly friendly.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes