Ladies I would like to know if I said the right thing to my ex?

OK a few weeks ago I found out my ex had a new boyfriend. She was my first love and I was hers. we dated for 2 1/2 years and when we broke up we decided to still be friends. a few years have passed and now she has someone and it stung. we texted a bit about if I should continue to text her or not I didn't want to put a strain on her new relationship she said it was fine. at the end of the conversation I made her promise me that he would make her happier then I did. I haven't texted her almost at all since (only to wish her a happy birthday and thanksgiving)? Am I doing the right thing? Ladies what do you think I should do if anything?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• If you were one of those exes that I fell really hard for, your promise to not let my current boyfriend make me happier than you did would affect me. But at the same time, if she is placing her current boyfriend above what you guys had, then... she is obviously more happy with him and that is just where her feelings are at the moment. If she has feelings for you or she wants you around more she will let you know, unless she is the really stubborn type. Sooner or later girls go after what they want kind of thing

• I made her promise to me that he WOULD make her happier then I did.