What questions would you have for an ex who wanted to get back together over a year after dumping you?

After dating for a year and a half and being separated for a year and a half, I ran into my ex recently. I'd been dancing with another girl at a bar, ran into my ex, we chatted for a bit, but in the end I stuck around with the other girl. My ex had dumped me, and had been with another guy not long after. I figured best stay away, I didn't know if she was even still with the guy.

It definitely seems like that is a 'no', because she started liking all of my FB posts (she hadn't for a long time), texting me checking up on how I was doing, and finally asking if I wanted to get drinks with her.

When I didn't respond to getting drinks, she straight up called me (it went to VM cause I was busy at the time) and left me a long VM basically saying she missed me, I made her feel wanted and, well, she wanted to talk.

Being the idiot I am, I eventually agreed to talk. I had really liked this girl once upon a time. She was my first real girlfriend, we'd been close friends beforehand, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss her on an all-too-regular basis.

But even though I miss her, I'm not going to just accept her back. She dumped me, it hurt badly, and it took me months to become as happy as I was before again. I've got the one big question of 'why should this time be any different'. What else should I ask/do in this situation?

76

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally would have no questions whatsoever. I think we will always miss people that came into our lives, some more than others... but if I was dumped, there is NO chance this person is getting again ever with me... especially if I was hurt that bad. If I overcame it, I don't need it anymore, even if miss them... it's natural, we are human and we miss things that were nice at one point of course! ... In fact, I wouldn't even be close friends with them at all. Maybe a polite hi and answering back every now and then if they truly insist, but not going out of my way to talk to them or "think" about what I should or could ask them because they want to reconcile. Even more-so if he clearly states he misses me because I made him feel wanted.. like WTF? so you come back because you don't feel wanted with the other people you preferred over me? HA! tough luck! I'm too busy making someone else feel wanted, that truly deserves my sincere sentiments.

But I'm just different like that :D! most people like you, would give into the "i miss you, I loved the way you made me feel" and blah blah blah crap and give it another try... obviously you feel something and probably considering another chance with her because you bothered to make a question about it, so if that's truly what you want, then you should probably ask why she wants to get back together with you, and that you want an honest answer, not just because you make her feel wanted, because that's basically saying she feels lonely and that's the only reason she's going to you,(you're the only one that would take her back) & she feels rejected by all other guys she preferred over you... and what assures you that as soon as someone else makes her feel wanted she'll run away just like she did before? because obviously what she felt for you wasn't strong enough in the first place to keep her with you.

My honest advice, ignore her...

...don't make her feel like she's still important to you after she cumbled up your little heart. If it didn't kill you before, it won't kill you now.. find someone that is worth your time, and worth the thought of what you should ask and do for her to make her feel special :]!