I feel a bit depressed about my last break-up. Any advice would be great? Thank you.

My EX-Girlfriend seems to be doing better than ever,She lost weight and is putting up pictures all over Facebook and getting lots of likes,I treated her so well,I loved her with all my heart,got her gifts,brought her places,got her chocolate and ice-cream when she was on her period,Her problems were my problems anytime she would be sad I would always cheer her up and so much more!

I ended the relationship because she was lying to me so many times,She seems so happy on Facebook with all her loss weight pictures,Most people have joint her side so they hate me,So I have like 14 people that hate my guts...Shes got a new job too.

I need some advice on how to fully get over her,Please help me thank you so much!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• well done for ending it. not many people can do that when they invested so much into a person and really wanted it to work out. I think you realized though that you do not want to fall deeply in love with a pathological liar. I think the best way to get past it is stop focusing on everything you lose and start focusing on everything you gained. you know you did the right thing for yourself. stop worrying about what she is doing. tell yourself you feel sorry for whatever guy she gets with next because who would want to be with a liar? no matter how happy they look or she looks. you should feel sorry for anyone who ends up with her. I mean who would want to be with a liar! doesn't matter how happy she is..its probably an act to make you jealous. and even if she is happy it just shows how little she appreicated you and really cared and how she bags you to everyone and makes herself look like the victim when she was basically asking you to dump her by lying. to get over someone you need to want to. and to want to you need to frame your mind to think wow I wouldn't even want to be with this person. I don't care what they are doing. and preferably fall into infatuation with someone else. a rebound doesn't work if you deeply loved someone so maybe if you were with them for a decent amount of time. but if it hadn't reached that point so if you were together under 9 months or something then a rebound should help. just make sure you aren't leading someone on and make it clear to them you have just broken up.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Break ups suck end of. I'm going through something similar to you at the moment. Broke up with my ex 6 months ago because although I was devoting myself to him, he refused to commit to me and just wanted everything his way, plus a load of other crap. After that all I have seen is how well he is doing ever since. JUST 4 weeks after he got a new girlfriend, posted pictures of them both loved up. A month after we broke up he took her on a trip to Paris, 3 months after that they are moving in together. He also lost weight, got a new job which is going really well for him where as my story took the biggest downward spiral ever. I became single, felt depressed, heart broken. Then my new job went to the wall and I ended up losing it. I had no money to pay rent, bills or food, no friends and no reference to get a new job. I was so depressed I was suicidal. I had literally hit rock bottom.

Then one day it hit me. He is nothing to do with me anymore and the only person that can change the way I feel is me. I cut all contact with him, deleted him from everything and erased him from my life. Sorry for the long story but this is what you have to do. The reason she is putting pictures up is to so called "show you what you're missing". You may feel slight regret now, but what you need to remember is all the times you felt bad in the relationship and the feeling you had immediately after you broke up. Mine was one of instant relief. I had escaped. Of course months down the line I started to feel bad, but that was because I was fantasising the relationship. I was making up this relationship in my head that was a lot better than it was.

Keep going over all the bad things and bad feelings you had when you were together. This will help with the healing process. I'm not saying it is going to be easy but you will heal with time. :)

2|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for your advice.

How is your life going right now? :)

• Show All
    • Thanks again,I'm happy to hear that! I hope your life gets even more better! :)

• Absolutely great advice :),

• Try doing something that does nt remind you of her, try something new like sky diving, meet some one new that might help also. It sounds like you really loved her but that doesn't mean you she loved you back. Just try and be yourself and enjoy yourself also.

0|0
    0|0
  • You probably will always check her Facebook from time to time that's only natural. The only true way to get over her is with someone else. It will be hard, but if it takes a few girls, then so be it. It seems like you treated her too nice and girls act like they like that but really they don't. Well in the sense that some will take you for granted and sense that they have the upper hand so that will lead to lies so that we do what we want and your still there. Wouldn't it be nice if there were no games, hang ups, or power trips in relationships.?: What happened to equal love! smh

0|0
    0|0
  • Focus on yourself and not her

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• You dumped her because she was an asshole, just be glad you got rid of her. Delete her from your Facebook and completely cut her out of your life. Out of sight, out of mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unfriend, delete number. You're not gonna want to contact her in the foreseeable future anyway right?

0|0
    0|0
  • Anybody who judges you by another's words or their actions really are not people you need to be acquainted with to begin with so that should be an easy acceptance.

The harder acceptance is just realizing that that relationship is gone and over. So you don't need to be reminded of her so unfriend her of social media. I know you are curious and you are hoping that someday she may contact you through it but you should let her go completely !

PLEASE STOP with thinking you are depressed it is an over used word. Every time I hear this is like when someone does something stupid while drinking they claim they blacked out... It is the same scape goat excuse. So knock that shit off.

You are grieving a loss and you are not dealing with it correctly.

1. First off accept that it is over

2. let her go completely

3. feel the pain allow emotions

4. focus on yourself !

0|0
    0|0
  • Turn that emotion to rage and indignance.

Prove to yourself that you're better without out. Tell yourself that without that horrible girl wasting your time and effort, now you can be a better person.

My ex-girlfriend broke up with me because she didn't think I was good enough. I went and proved her wrong, started working out and bulking up, got myself a new wardrobe upgrade, started finding ways to become more outstanding in my workplace.

That all succeeded, and I'm much better off thanks to her.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes