Should I write my ex a letter?

She broke up with me abiut 9 months ago. I have thought about her every single day since. Recently I have been thinking about things I could have done better. Now I was a good boyfriend to her. Always told her how beautiful she is, and how much I loved her. I never cheated on her and never came close, didn't even think about it. I'm not going to beg for her back, although I would like her to be my baby girl again. I just want to appologize for not being the best that I could. I have the letter planned out. I just don't know if I would somehow make things worse. Her parents are always taking her phone so I don't know if she has it. I am absolutely convinced that she is the one that I am meant to be with. I have felt that since the first time I seen her. She was and still is the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen.

74

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that writing the letter would be good for you but I wouldn't give it to her. Write it and then rip it up and try to gain closure over the situation for yourself. Unless you find out she still has feelings for you or something, you don't want to give her a letter confessing your feelings for her like that.

I know how you feel about thinking about her everyday. I still think about my ex daily and we've been broken up for a lot longer. I even see him occasionally but I'm able to compartmentalize my feelings and act cordial--friendly even--with him and he acts normal with me now. That takes time though and it took a while for us to get to that point. But we don't talk outside of in person interaction and that's only in large groups with mutual friends.