Guys: If a woman blocks you, would that give you an ego boost?

I'm an adult woman who has decided to block my exboyfriend from calling/texting/emailing me. I can't move on while we are still occasionally in contact.

I told him that I would be blocking him in order to move on faster, and that maybe in the years to come, we can be friends and shoot the shit. . He responded with "ok". I then blocked him.

My sister said that I probably gave him a huge ego boost. That he is thinking", wow, I get her so worked up that she has to block me?" I hope this isn't true. I was always very good to him and mature. I hope in time, he will miss me and realize what he had.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't see how that would be an ego boost unless he's some sort of sociopath but I don't really know your ex so maybe it would.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, usually. It means she isn't indifferent to me, and needs to get totally away to avoid getting involved with me. Assumiong we didn't have a big fight about something, of course, in which case it wouldn't be so flattering to be blocked!

0|0
    1|0
  • Your sister is a fool. There's no ego boost to being kicked out of people's lives if you're not trying.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really, probably means she hates my guts. I'm not sure what type of dude we get a boost out of that. This is some crazy "psycho" logic.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Damn I just did the same thing 3 days ago! Blocked him from facebok, Instagram, Skype and every contact we may have. I was so sad but I didn't told him that I was gonna do it, I just published a status on Facebook saying that my feed was full of jerks (him) and that I would probably block some.. Then one sec later the stupid liked my status, then I blocked him. Then he came to my ask and sent some anonymous questions asking why I blocked him.. I knew it was him cause he used a nickname to call me that he created by himself for me. I answered like 2 questions then he sent more like 2 and I just deleted it. It was damn hard for me cause I'm still thinking about him and the idea that he's not coming after me is killing me right now but.. I need to get over him and move on one day. I think it's working, well I'm here, still as alive as you. So good luck for both of us :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares what he gets out of it. Just block him and move on.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes