Do you lose respect for someone if they have multiple divorces?

Like let's say someone has been divorced three+ times... do you think there is probably a problem with them as a person? and who would get in a relationship with someone like that?

63

Most Helpful Girl

• It would depend on the age of the person. Someone who's under 30 and been married three times, I would probably avoid or only see casually. (definitely would not consider anything serious with this person). If we're talking about someone over the age of 40 who's been married three times I would want to know how old was he when he got married the first time and how long each of the marriages were and what happened that caused the end of the marriages.

If the answers were acceptable to me (ie. first marriage was when he was 18, last marriage was when he was 32 and lasted ten years and she cheated on him, etc) - I would give him a chance. But I'd suggest living together rather than getting married again if things got that serious.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE