Do you lose respect for someone if they have multiple divorces?

Like let's say someone has been divorced three+ times... do you think there is probably a problem with them as a person? and who would get in a relationship with someone like that?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It would depend on the age of the person. Someone who's under 30 and been married three times, I would probably avoid or only see casually. (definitely would not consider anything serious with this person). If we're talking about someone over the age of 40 who's been married three times I would want to know how old was he when he got married the first time and how long each of the marriages were and what happened that caused the end of the marriages.

If the answers were acceptable to me (ie. first marriage was when he was 18, last marriage was when he was 32 and lasted ten years and she cheated on him, etc) - I would give him a chance. But I'd suggest living together rather than getting married again if things got that serious.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• no. but then I believe in divorce. I think of its not working break it off. people stay in abusive relationships for decades. id be more likely to lose respect for a person in disfunctional relationship. than one that just accepts its not working and breaks it off. people change, that's no ones fault. I think expecting two people to necessarily want to be with each other forever is unrealistic. if it works out hat way, great. but I wouldn't expect it.

and udk that whilst married they got slot out of it then ended it when it was time. you really can't judge something you know nothing about. it might have been really valuable experience.i just don't think its anyones business to judge that.

if I'm dating someone whos been in a bunch of relationships, they have also 'shown' they are not reliable. as far as that goes. you don't know what you're gong to end up with when you get it in the beginning. that's lfe. things change. and always turn out differently than we expect. often times than w want.

if you're kind and respectful and work hard in life, a divorce doesn't matter to me.

most pople get in and out of relationships much too often for my taste as it is. id rather date someone who got divorced times, than who broke up 60 times. at least they tried and they probably are much closer to knowing what they really can deal with nd put forward into relationships.

anyone can be a lazy jerk off. divorce doesn't prove or disprove this quality. imo.

0|0
    0|1
  • It makes me look down on them as far as relationships are concerned but I wouldn't completely devalue a person for it. I would still be friends with someone who's had numerous divorces but I'd never want to date someone who did.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least they tried lol. I think a lot of people get caught up in the moment. I'd wonder why they're so quick to marry.

0|0
    0|1
  • I would say no, cos I think everyone believes in happy ever afters. In this case they are seeking for love, which starts off quite lovable in the beginning, but bounds to get out of hand in the end. I think the problem could be the person getting divorced a whole lota times, and that that person should work on some issues, like if you soft hearted, try being more to the point than holding back and etc. Everyone has there weak and strong points its just how you work at it to make anything successful. So yeah, I haven't been there yet, but a 3rd person outside the relationship can see these things.

0|0
    0|1
  • This is sorta a wake up call for a person who is not married yet. SCARY

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• To be honest, I do lose respect for that person, especially if they have a bunch a children with them. I just feel like it puts an unfair burden on the kids. For example, I knew this one kid whos dad remarried multiple times and he couldn't do sports or have a part time job because of constant custody and family problems.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well it would make me lose confidence in their ability to maintain a relationship after all what are the odds of it not bieng partially their fault three times in a row

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd avoid that like the plague.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes