Guys! Why would you make a joke about marriage with your date?

This guy I've only known for 2 months has sent me a couple of fb message saing "i think we should get married." he even joked a little further one and said pretened your in this situation and say yes. then he mentioned persistance gets the girl.

thing is we met on a holiday overseas, he is still over there but we chat dail. (we were sleeping together for a while )he is coming home soon but we live a city apart. and he has bought a ticket to come and see him and go on a little holiday together and then he is going to come back with me.

why would a guy make jokes about marriage were not even an item yet. I thought he might be doing it to see how keen I would be on a relationship as its hard to bring up when you would be LDR.

also he was drunk when he sent these. but he mentioned it again in the morning
This morning I got a message from him " I've gotta stop messaging you while drunk haha"

56

Most Helpful Guy

• He loves you and wants that! He’s nervous because it’s very soon. By being playful it leaves him an out if you’re not on the same page to avoid the horrible feeling of rejection. Being punch drunk in love tends to cause guys to talk and act strange which shows how sincere he is. Further more people are honest when they’re drunk. Him confirming what he says when he’s sober is to let you know he means it and when he says "I’ve gotta stop messaging you while drunk haha" that to protect himself from you maybe not feeling the same. He’s in-love with you, can’t stop thinking about you, and means every bit of what he says!

Best of Luck to You both!