Guys! Why would you make a joke about marriage with your date?

This guy I've only known for 2 months has sent me a couple of fb message saing "i think we should get married." he even joked a little further one and said pretened your in this situation and say yes. then he mentioned persistance gets the girl.

thing is we met on a holiday overseas, he is still over there but we chat dail. (we were sleeping together for a while )he is coming home soon but we live a city apart. and he has bought a ticket to come and see him and go on a little holiday together and then he is going to come back with me.

why would a guy make jokes about marriage were not even an item yet. I thought he might be doing it to see how keen I would be on a relationship as its hard to bring up when you would be LDR.

also he was drunk when he sent these. but he mentioned it again in the morning
Updates:
This morning I got a message from him " I've gotta stop messaging you while drunk haha"

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He loves you and wants that! He’s nervous because it’s very soon. By being playful it leaves him an out if you’re not on the same page to avoid the horrible feeling of rejection. Being punch drunk in love tends to cause guys to talk and act strange which shows how sincere he is. Further more people are honest when they’re drunk. Him confirming what he says when he’s sober is to let you know he means it and when he says "I’ve gotta stop messaging you while drunk haha" that to protect himself from you maybe not feeling the same. He’s in-love with you, can’t stop thinking about you, and means every bit of what he says!

Best of Luck to You both!

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Well I know my best friend AND his girlfriend joke and throw around wifey and things like that. It's not uncommon at all. I suppose if you really wanted to know what he was thinking you could just say.. "Hey that made me a little uncomfortable I'm not used to that kinda thing, was it a joke or were you just commenting on how great we get along? Being goofy?" Etc

It's best not to file these types of things away, air them out in the open as always, with anything.

Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • He might just be expressing that he likes you in a playful way.

Out of the overflow of the sentiment he was feeling at the time he was expressing himself. Like on Arrested Development when the girl says "Marry me" to people she is mildly flirtatious with.

That's my best guess based on the limited info I have.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he likes you, a lot!

0|0
    0|0
  • better question is, why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • lmfao sounds like he wants to get married hahaha

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Tell him as a joke that you already have a wedding dress packed up in your car trunk, so you have no issues driving to the nearest church. He's doing that to test how keen you are in getting married and if you are with him because you love him or because you want to get married. Laugh it off and joke back to him and he'll be proposing to you with a candle lit dinner, violinists and flowers in a few years time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think behind every little joke there's a bit of truth. And even more so when drunk.

0|0
    0|2
  • I hope this helps, it is the modern day sex101 at sexthefacts.info

0|0
    0|0
  • he must be kinda serious about you

0|0
    0|0
  • he is secretly trying.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes