Who was supposed to follow up?

A male colleague added me on Facebook. We were chatting together for a while and as I wanted to be polite I asked him about his plans for a weekend. He told me that he don´t have any program a suggested to meet on Saturday or Sunday for a coffee. I told him that Saturday won´t work, but maybe on Sunday. He said OK, but didn´t come back to me.

Who was supposed to follow up and suggest a specific date? Me or he?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• if you tell him maybe Sunday, you have to get back to him and let him know Sunday is okay. The whole idea behind if I text him or message him too much might make me seem needy is very dumb. If you want to talk to him just message him and ask him.

0|0
    0|0
    • The thing is that a guy I dated before told me I was acting clingy, so I don?t want to spoil anything. Therefore I?m letting him to contact me, not the other way around. Do you think he might be offended that I haven?t called him?

• If he says no then you ask him again 2 hrs later then again a few hrs later. That would be annoying and clingy. Telling him lets hang out Sunday is definitely not it. If he says I can't make it anymore, tell him to hit you up next time he is free to see if you guys can chill. Simple

And I have no idea if he will be offended, everyone is different. I am the type who will probably ask once or twice and if you say busy or maybe, I expect you to follow up because you might not be into me.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• you are not supposed to give a date to him because then he will think that are you a flirty type and NEED to interect with boys , may be he likes you and checking your behavior toward taht type of proposals .

wait for him otherwise don't ask or message him .

0|0
    0|1
  • anybody...doesn't matter

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• probably you

0|0
    0|0
  • You should have let him know if Sunday worked, since you said "maybe" to it. He was probably waiting for you to confirm your availability with him. Then suggest a time to meet that works (like sometime between noon and 4PM or something).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes