Why don't the men I like like me back??!

I just found out that the guy I had a huge crush on got into a relationship with a girl that is f***ing ugly and looks like a w**re. He is a very handsome, stylish man, and she just looks so tacky. It's driving me crazy. I look way better than her.. I'm taller, skinnier, waaaaayyyy more stylish and overall prettier. Why on earth would he go for her and not me? One would assume that someone like him would at least go for someone who would look good next to him, or at least with the same interests (he works as a stylist at a big retail chain)! I mean seriously the two of them together is just a wrong picture.. And I know I must seem very shallow because I am talking only about looks, but I am not.. I have a pretty decent personality and I'm talented at many things, but naturally the first thing you notice about someone is their looks. I'm so devastated I am actually considering killing myself as this is not the first time this has happened. The men I like seem to never like me back and go for women that are - by all means - less than me! It is like I don"t even exist! Is it me? Is there something wrong with me or is that men naturally go for the lowest of the low of women? I seriously doubt I can take another disappointment or have my heart broken again. Serious answers only please as I don't need to be more upset.

58

Most Helpful Guy

• Weeeeell could be a couple of things:

1. I wouldn't date a girl(even a hot one) who literally thinks she's better than other people. If she's kidding about it it's fine, but literally believing it to be true is kinda repulsive. Maybe he's the same way.

2. He may not think you're interested in him. You guys never talked, he doesn't know you and you may come across as conceited/intimidating.

3. Maybe you give off a creepy vibe. Wanting to commit suicide over some dude you didn't even ever talk to sounds kinda needy/projecting/weird to me especially if you're mid thirties.

Here is some advice:

1- Try taking more initiative. When you really want something it's worth putting yourself out there for it even if it's not something you'd normally do.

2- Try holding back your thoughts about guys until you actually get to know them. That'll avoid you falling in love with an impression (which can be completely wrong and lead to disappointment)

3- Try letting go of what other people do with their lives. Don't compare yourself to others it's not productive.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE