Am I my ex's rebound

so my ex and I broke up about 3 months ago. we were together for about 3months, and he left me for his ex. We didn't speak at all after the break up, until about a week ago, when he sent me a text telling me that he was sorry, and that he made a huge mistake by breaking up with me. We talked about it for a while, and I agreed to meet him for lunch. After that he told me that he and his ex (the one he left me for) broke up about a month ago, and that she has been making his life a living hell. He says that he doesn't want her back at all, and that it is over for good this time.

I'm not sure what to think about all this. I thought I was over him, and then after we stated talking again all of my feelings for him started to come back. However, part of me is saying don't bother with this because it's just going to end up the same way. What do you guys think?

What Guys Said 1

• If he was weak enough to leave you for his ex, why would you want to restart things again. Your feelings are coming back is because he reminds you about it. Enjoy your life especially being single. Don't waste your time on something that has already ended

What Girls Said 1

• He's got a hell of a lot of explaining to do. Don't sleep with him or commit to anything until he's moved mountains to prove that he's genuine. In the meantime, keep your guard well up. You deserve plenty of time to think it through.

• Definetly not going to sleep with him! I told him that I'm not sure what I want to do yet, and he agreed that we can just talk and take things VERY slow, and see where we end up. In the meantime I'm still going to keep my options open and see what happens.

• You deserve better than just talking and taking things slow. You shouldn't have to put in any effort. He should be doing the work. Next time you speak to him, my suggestion is to tell him that you're not convinced, and leave it up to him to convince you. If he's not prepared to court you, then he probably has a poor understanding of what he's asking of you.