Why is my ex still texting me on the holidays?

I dated this guy for 4 months and he kept saying he wasn't sure if he was ready for a actual relationship because him and his ex were off and on for years and they have a child together. But I got sick of waiting for him to figure out what he wanted and I broke it all off. He quit talking to me after that but he still texts me a merry Christmas or happy Thanksgiving. I know its not a mass text because it would tell me if it was but I know he is trying to work things out with his ex again but I still get the holiday texts and I don't understand why.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he is weird and wants to have you hanging on a string for him in case it all goes wrong with his ex, so tell him to be a loser else where as your only into real guys with real intentions,x

• That has been on my mind too, he's trying to hold onto me from a distance. I've been avoiding taking to him or seeing him the only time he says anything to me is on holidays

• Yeah you don't need wasters and losers taking up your time, especially obvious ones like this dude, so yeah, just ignore the moans from him and they will soon fade,x

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• He wants you back

• The tricky thing is, he's still in love with his ex. He's just do back and forth. I hang out with the same group of friends as he does but he won't hang out with then if I'm there!