He doesn't want to move in.

My boyfriend and I have dated for almost three years. He had always spoken of moving in together and recently decided to move out on his own (past 3 months).

Feeling as though I have given him everything and been true to him, I expected this type of commitment from it but it fell through. I want him to be happy but I know I just don't want to wait for him while he takes his time.

He is such a special person to me and I want him in my life but I want to keep my options open if someone should come along and be more serious about me. I know he loves me and I love him but at this point in my life I need more commitment. What should I do?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, if after 3 years he's not willing to make some form of a committment, it doesn't look good for you.

Now, where was he living before he moved out on his own? Was he with his parents? If so, maybe he wants to see what it's like to live on his own first.

However, I am curious to know how it fell through. Was he saying he was going to move in with you, then changed his mind? Perhaps he got cold feet.

For many, moving in is a significant step in the marriage direction. And a lot of people start making comments. It's definitely a lot of pressure. So perhaps he's just super nervous and realized he wasn't ready.

I would talk to him about this. If he won't give you a clear answer and isn't sure about your relationship, let him know what it's like to be without you for a bit.

Be open to meeting new people. A guy should know what he wants and he should want you. A guy shouldn't be unsure. If he's unsure then he doesn't want you.

You deserve a guy who is head over heels for you and has no hesitation to this type of stuff.

• I appreciate your well thought out feedback. I love him so much and I know he loves me but I need him to put his foot down. Things like not deleting his ex off Facebook when she continuously tried to get with him, not moving in with me when he was the one who brought up the idea and not even looking for apartments when he said he wants to live on his own make me feel like I can't rely on him. I eventually want a family, if I wait for him I run the risk of giving up this dream and wasting my time

• Yea, you totally have to make a call. If this guy is falling through on plans you two make, then he will do this in the future. Do you want an unreliable husband or partner? You definitely need to take a stand here.