What do I do when about seeing my ex today?

Tomorrow is my sister's birthday and were having a party. My brother in law is still friends with my ex of 4 years who cheated on me. I have some cousins coming and than other people. I haven't really talked to anyone about what happened. All they know is that we broke up months ago. He's going to be coming with his new girlfriend she's not the girls he cheated on me with. I don't know what to say when people start asking me about what happened. If I tell them he cheated they will think than why is your family still talking to him and it will make my family look bad. Another thing if I say that his girlfriend might over hear me say that. My family will look bad because they invited a guy that cheated on me. My other family will see my family as a bad people. My brother in law and him got close and became friends.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Smile and laugh. Look like you're having an awesome time and don't even worry about him. As for what to say, just tell them that you guys just weren't right for each other. They don't need to know the details. If you're okay with your family still being friends with him then that's all that matters, not others opinions.

• In reality I'm not okay with it and feel betrayed. I have no problem with the girlfriend but I do have a problem with him. He will probably do the same to her.

• It's not so much the cheating but the lying. You can never take back the lies and the years that were integrated because of those lies.

• I know but you need to leave the past in the past and try to move forward. The more you hold a grudge the more it'll negatively effect your life. I'm not saying be his friend or even acknowledge his existence but let things go.

• change location