How to tell your ex you have a boyfriend?

I'm sure a lot of us have been here. You say you want to break up but they take it more as a break. Then you find someone and start going out with them. How do you break the news?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls are a little wrong. If you had a relationship and he seriously believes in a "break" and is waiting for you, you are obligated to tell him it's over and you've moved on.

My honest opinion---> Be BLUNT. he didn't understand the first Break Up. So you have to get it into his head.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. This is the most helpful answer so far

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Obviously you were beating around the bush yourself.

I don't know how one misinterprets "we're finished."

Anyway. Tell him "we're finished. I moved on."

0|0
    0|0
  • Be blunt and honest, tell them hey I am seeing someone now. No need to draw it out any longer and make it more difficult than is must be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey I'm dating blah blah, that's how, easy and simple

0|1
    0|0
  • "I have a boyfriend" seems to work pretty well. Or "I'm seeing someone else now".

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the girls have good responses.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why should you? You're no longer together, you don't owe him any explanation. Unless you made him believe it was a temporary status and you were going back together at some point.

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't mean to but I think he took it like that. That's why I'm wondering how.

• Show All
    • Yes, but I don't want to hurt him. I may love someone else now but I'd still like us to be friends. I'm just that way. And I already asked my boyfriend if that's OK and he said it's perfectly fine.

• In due time you'll learn that you can't be friends with an ex. You'll also learn that you shouldn't date people who say they are friends with their exes. Just give yourself a decade or two and you'll laugh at your naivety ;-)

• bit young to date..

0|0
    0|0
    • Judging from her username, I'm sure she did a 'lot' more than date, a long time ago.

• Yes sad...

• Actually nope. Thank you very much. That username just means I look more sweet than I am. Because I'm actually a bitch. But I don't really see how I'm too young to date. Not like I'm 13, and trust me, I've seen that happen.

• Why do you have to report to your ex?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• You don't have to tell them unless your talking to them.. and in that case you need to ask your current boyfriend if it's OK to talk with your ex and you DO need to make it clear to the ex that you are spoken for.

But if y'all aren't talking and you message him, "Hey, I have a boyfriend."

You just look like your fishing for him to get jealous or something.

0|1
    0|0
  • You shouldn't have to tell them. Post it on Facebook or let them find out through the grapevine. If you're single, then you don't have to answer to them anymore.

0|1
    0|0
  • He's your ex, you shouldn't need to tell him. But I can also see it being one of those things where you care about him as a person and don't want to hurt him. The best thing to do is to just tell him that you wanted him to know from you first. Tell him that you care about him as a person and don't want it to come off as you were intentionally trying to hurt him. But be warned, more than likely he will get upset/angry. After you tell him and explain to him WALK AWAY. Don't respond back. You don't need to explain yourself to him. Fighting with him will only make it worse. Just tell him what you have to say and leave it be.

0|0
    0|0
  • you are not obligated to tell your ex

0|1
    0|0
  • You don't..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes