Does everyone cheat? Is cheating more common than we think it is?

I know people that I always thought to be the perfect couple (some with 40+ years of marriage) and I found out they cheated on eachother or one of them was cheated.

Had girls that wanted me to sleep with them even if they were already with someone (disgusting). I was cheated on. Guys that cheated or tried to cheat.

I feel like I'm the only one that buys into this LOVE and LOYALTY crap. I walk on the street, see a couple and ask myself which one cheated...

is cheating actually more common than it's presented to be ?!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's really a touchy subject for me. I believe cheaters are some of the lowest forms of life on earth. Why not just break up with someone if you want to hook up with some one else? Because people want their cake and to eat it too. Cheating on someone is the most selfish act someone can do. I don't buy the crap that it was a mistake, or it didn't mean anything. A mistake is something like pushing the wrong letter while typing a message, not all the steps you have to take to end up in bed with someone besides the person you say you love. The it didn't mean anything bs makes me angry. Basically they are saying I hurt you for nothing. Cheating on someone is wrong, yet we hear it being glorified in songs, on tv, ect. In my opinion, people have a tendency to think they are more important than what they really are. Instead of feeling lucky and appreciative of having someone that wants to be with them, they feel entitled to do whatever they want without taking their partners feelings and commitment to them into consideration. It does suck to live in a world where it's accepted and encouraged to put yourself first above all else. It makes it difficult for people wanting something real to find something meaningful, leading to more wrong behavior. Is it more common than its presented to be? I think so. Cheaters are also liars, so who really knows how often this happens.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• I don't cheat. Never have. Unless you want to count me peaking over my sister's head when she puts two movies behind her back and tells me to pick a hand :p

But never in a relationship. I have the decency to leave my S.O. before I go poke my nose around another possibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately I think it's fairly common.

But as for me, I've never cheated and I never will. If anyone's unhappy or something I think they should either work on it or leave. There's no excuse to cheat in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • no its not common and not everyone cheats you just gotta find that one person who's prepared to be yours fully.

Yes people cheat and they are not worth it - move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup common. I had married or attached guys flirting with me and one even wanted to date me..

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, I am afraid of the same thing as you seem to be.:/ I find it more and more common. Two of my best friends have cheated on their boyfriends, I've been cheated on, guys in a relationship were hitting on me in the past. And I think that happens when you don't love AND respect your partner. And we're also still young and don't know what we want. But that's no excuse really, just one of the reasons why young people do it. However, you can find someone who doesn't do that. They're still out there, I'm sure.:D

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure it's fairly common but not everyone does it

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh yes. I had guys hit on me even after I told them I was taken. Obviously those assholes pull that shit with other women.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think its common...

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• IMHO, cheating is more common than it's presented to be. It's also less important than it's presented to be. It's not the cheating creating drama, it's the reaction to it.

I know what I'm writing about, I've been cheated on. I know men and women who've been cheated on. Those who made a big drama around it ended up single. One idiot even tried to shoot himself when his wife told him she had a lesbian relationship. Of course, he missed.

0|1
    0|0
    • I also dislike people that get too radical when dealing with cheating (like people that kill themselves or the cheater or stuff like that ) BUT I'm seriously not going to just stand there and accept it. Hey my girlfriend cheated, it happens, we are still together because we love eachother... NO. I'd dump the idiot. I don't think people should be that "open minded" about this thing but that's where it seems it's going to go unfortunately... It's going to be acceptable to cheat. A swinger's world

• Show All
    • "But you become worthless to them if they slept with someone else. " You should hear the many desperate mistresses in love who just can't believe the guy they're in love with will not dump his wife and family for them. That happens often. Whenever they ask my opinion I pretty well know that I can answer "Don't hope, that married guy will NOT dump his wife for a fling, even if he came back a number of times to get sex from you"few times." and that I'll be proven true 3/4 of the time.

• Yes, it hurts, because the cuckold feels he/she failed in some way. But motives for cheating can have more to do with underlying never satisfied adolescent's dreams than with the regular partner's shortcomings. Kinda "Bucketlist ? 10,000 things to do before you die"

• Perhaps you are looking in the wrong place for a partner.

Not sure where you are finding all these cheaters, but even in the bible, there are stories of cheating.

I wouldn't worry or be concerned about other people's lives and what they do.

Find a partner you can trust, remain faithful to her and don't associate with people who you know are cheaters. Your world will be a better place.

2|1
    0|0
  • "is cheating actually more common than it's presented to be?!"

Yes. ..well, I don't know where or how data is presented for this actually. However you replace that word with believed or perceived then yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I still believe there are a good number of people who still believe in faithfulness and commitment, but I think today the odds are too risky. Good people still do bad things when they are tempted. Even people who think they would never cheat can still be overcome by temptation. But I also believe that the criminal elite have used the media to demoralize people. Things that we accept today we would never have accepted 20-30 years ago. My prediction is that in another 20 years time, cheating will be the norm and faithful people will be labelled as kooks.

1|1
    0|0
  • I never have cheated and I never will. I been cheated on on pretty much every relationship I ever had. So I know how it feels to be cheated on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't quite know but I have male friends who will be quite 'touchy feely' with other girls on a night out despite having a girlfriend. They might put their arm around other girls' waist despite having a girlfriend who was not present. That's as far as I have seen with my own eyes.

I've heard stories of course of A cheating on B, B cheating on A but little more than that which I think we all have. I know one girl who is incredibly manipulative and will get with guys when she has a boyfriend and mess several boys around at a time.

That's all I know I am afraid.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you get cheated on you´re with the wrong person! Be thankful for knowing that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think cheating is more common than it's presented to be, but I don't think that everyone cheats. I do think that most people that make the claim that they never cheat have actually cheated in the past or will cheat in the future but they want the image of being loyal to their partner. This is just anecdotal, but in my own experience if one was to ask a simple question to a group of people, and that question is have you ever cheated . . . the ones that are most likely the ones that are lying are the ones that are the loudest about making sure that people believe that they have never cheated. Instead of just answering the question they answer the question strongly as if they were defending themselves and that the question asker was accusing them of cheating when all they were doing was asking a simple question on if they have cheated.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes