Does everyone cheat? Is cheating more common than we think it is?

I know people that I always thought to be the perfect couple (some with 40+ years of marriage) and I found out they cheated on eachother or one of them was cheated.

Had girls that wanted me to sleep with them even if they were already with someone (disgusting). I was cheated on. Guys that cheated or tried to cheat.

I feel like I'm the only one that buys into this LOVE and LOYALTY crap. I walk on the street, see a couple and ask myself which one cheated...

is cheating actually more common than it's presented to be ?!

89

Most Helpful Guy

• It's really a touchy subject for me. I believe cheaters are some of the lowest forms of life on earth. Why not just break up with someone if you want to hook up with some one else? Because people want their cake and to eat it too. Cheating on someone is the most selfish act someone can do. I don't buy the crap that it was a mistake, or it didn't mean anything. A mistake is something like pushing the wrong letter while typing a message, not all the steps you have to take to end up in bed with someone besides the person you say you love. The it didn't mean anything bs makes me angry. Basically they are saying I hurt you for nothing. Cheating on someone is wrong, yet we hear it being glorified in songs, on tv, ect. In my opinion, people have a tendency to think they are more important than what they really are. Instead of feeling lucky and appreciative of having someone that wants to be with them, they feel entitled to do whatever they want without taking their partners feelings and commitment to them into consideration. It does suck to live in a world where it's accepted and encouraged to put yourself first above all else. It makes it difficult for people wanting something real to find something meaningful, leading to more wrong behavior. Is it more common than its presented to be? I think so. Cheaters are also liars, so who really knows how often this happens.