Guys: How many of you are completely faithful when in a relationship?

That means no sexting, no making out and no sex with another woman outside of the relationship. My experiences have shown that less men are faithful and more cheat. Thanks!

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never cheated in a relationship. I've been tempted a couple of times, but I never crossed any lines. I just wouldn't do that to my partner. I also don't tolerate cheating and I make that known from the very beginning. A couple of girls have broken up because they had feelings for other guys, but none have actually cheated, because they knew how I felt about it.

I will say this: I've known some guys who were either celebrities or were "10s" in looks/confidence, and as a result, they had LOTS of opportunities with women, many of whom didn't care if he was cheating on another girl with her. Nearly all of those guys cheated, simply because there was SO MUCH temptation and opportunity. Most guys, and nearly all younger guys (teens and 20s. and even older) with so many hot girls throwing themselves at them are going to take advantage of it. As messed up as it is, women need to realize that these guys are (almost) never going to be faithful.

Brad Pitt had Jennifer Aniston, and he cheated. Tiger Woods had a Swedish model wife, and he cheated. I could give you dozens of other examples, but the same happens at lower levels. Example: a guy in a band that is "famous" in a given region will have tons of women coming on to him, and is probably not going to remain faithful if he has a girlfriend.

Yes, I've seen the same thing with women too, except that it isn't so easy to group them, because MOST women have ample opportunity to cheat (i.e., guys willing to have sex with them regardless of their relationship status, or anything else), and because some girls are willing to take advantage of that and others are not.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think you have a good point... Do you think though that if a woman was getting attention at home she wouldn't be looking elsewhere? I can't comment on guys since I'm not one :)

• I think that is *generally* true, but certainly not in every case. Just as there are plenty of selfish men who aren't satisfied with what they've got, so are there women like that. Some people are always going to do whatever they want to do in the moment, and not care about the consequences or the hurt they will cause another person. That isn't limited to either gender.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• I've never cheated or done anything close to cheating (kissing someone else, etc.) Never been tempted either. I've had opportunity and you are always going to meet people you are attracted too while you're in a relationship (sometimes very attracted to), but I've never been tempted because I never really considered it, even during times when I'd been approached by someone else while my relationship at the time wasn't going well and looked like it wasn't going to last.

For me its not just about not wanting to betray the person you're with, its about not wanting to be someone who can't be trusted. Whether the person you're cheating on ever finds out or not, I'd know and would have to live with the fact that I was not deserving of another person's trust.

I know plenty of men who don't feel this way and some who even brag about how often they've cheated. But I know many more men who have never cheated and would never consider it. I also know a couple who cheated once and the repercussions were so devastating to them and the woman they cheated on that they would never consider doing it again.

Really depends on the individual - their values (especially when everything's not going their way), and how honest they're willing to be with themselves and the person they're involved with.

3|0
    0|0
  • no sexting, no making out, no sex outside the relationship... noticed you didn't mention groping so is that ok? haha just kidding

I am 100% commited to being faithful to my gf/fiance. I've been cheated on in the past and it feels like sh*t. so that and I think my own general principle leads me to really detest cheating

2|1
    0|0
  • Well my golden rule in life is to never cheat EVER. My parents got divorced when I was around 5 and it still effects my family to this day to an extent so I cannot stand people that aren't faithful. If you don't like your relationship...end it first and then do whatever you want to do.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm very faithful with my women :)

Never did anything that could be considered cheating when with someone and never will.

Mind, I could've 3 summers ago.

I was with my ex for one year at that point. I met this girl who I fell deeply for. We almost kissed at this party, but I told her I couldn't and I left. I love this other girl now, I've left my ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never cheated, because I know how it feels after ward when you find out when you're being cheated on.

the people that have been hurt or cheated on never cheat from what it seems like.

The only reason I would cheat is if I know 100% that my girlfriend is cheating on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I am in a relationship I am in love with this girl and there is no way in hell I would cheat on a person I love.

I feel like if you encounter cheating it sucks ass but it is also a good thing since it blatantly shows you that your partner is not right for you not good enough. Maybe this approach shortens the sadness a bit after one is cheated on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have not ever if in a relationship with someone , I believe that is the single most disrespectful ack Possible. AND. it's a proven fact that women cheet wayyyyyy more than men. I personally witness multiple infidelity acts admitted from the females both in my life business

0|0
    0|0
  • Being raised in a Christian home, I see cheating as utterly repulsive. If I cheat, I haven't, but if I did, then I would try my hardest to tell her right away before an affair happens and take what's coming to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I'm in an exclusive relationship, I'm completely faithful. However, I haven't done an exclusive relationship in years...though at this point, I'm willing to give it a shot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never cheated in a relationship, but the two girls I was in a relationship with, one wanted to cheat for sure and I'm not sure if she ever did. The last girl, she cheated many times.

0|0
    0|0
    • Does the unfortunate events of this make you think you'd cheat in the future too.. ? Jw, it's a psychological thing I'm curious about

• Show All
    • Do you think sending dirty/sexual messages is cheating even if there is no physical meeting up?

• Unless they're extremely bored or somehow using it to keep a conversation going, maybe psychologically, at least not as bad as physical contact but still p*ss their partner.

• Oh, well. Does that include "no staring at other asses" too? Ha, Well I wasn't really faithfull in any of my relationship. But maybe If I get in deep serious one aha ^_^

0|0
    0|0
  • I remain faithful. But because so many women cheat today I have chosen to stay single.

1|2
    3|0
    • Wow you must have had some pretty bad experiences with being cheated on if you've chosen to stay single just out of the fear. There are so many faithful females

• Yes there are many faithful females. But the odds are too risky.

• A poll I read once said woman cheat moreactually and I agree with the guy above id rather be single than cheated on

0|0
    0|0
  • I am. Relationships are bitches though, rarely faithful, they are.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was in an 8.5 year relationship and completely faithful.

The fantasy of other women certainly crossed my mind many many times.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only way I see myself cheating would be the fact that I'm being sexually deprived by my own girlfriend.

0|0
    2|0
  • I have a perfect record. I've never cheated when in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never have had a girl friend so I haven't cheated and probably never will. If I ever get a girlfriend I would not cheat on them.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol pretty much everybody is faithful on here the bull shit is strong on this question, not me though let the down votes begin, bring it white knights! aaaaaaaaahahaha but ya I have cheated on my first official girlfriend when I was 15-16 and have sort of regretted it. she kinda turned into a mess later on. I had been drinking (yes underage drinking WHATEVER). people kept telling me that my girlfriend was cheating on me an we were at a party and she ended up leaving with a guy, I ended up sleeping with this girl, my girlfriend at the time ended up coming back and all hell broke loose lol. you live you learn. I've always had sexual thoughts cross my mind with other women when in relationships I think we all have those thoughts. a lot of people would say if you cheat with your eyes and your imaginings its like youve already cheated in your heart, so if you have those thoughts youve CHEATED sorry to burst your bubbles

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the character of the man in question. How he approaches life in general will give you clues to whether he will cheat.

I have recently been given the opportunity to test the waters of cheatville with an attractive coworker, and I am in a relationship where I know I could have done better in the looks department, but I chose to flee from any situations which challenged my integrity (ie alone time with her).

If you want to know about the man in question, pay attention to ALL aspects of morals and character on everyday life situations. Would he return a lost diamond ring to the lost and found, or stuff it into his pocket.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• I haven't been in a relationship yet, but I know for sure that I would never cheat. Cheating is disgusting and there are no excuses.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am completely faithful in my relationships. Sexting isn't cheating to my boyfriend and I. Everyone has different definitions of cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, rarely are they faithful. My ex husband cheated on me. I'm gutted and he's still with her.

0|0
    0|0
    • Was he completely faithful to you while you and your ex husband dated? Were there any signs/red flags that he might stray?

• Show All
    • We are choosing self-fish men...that's the problem. These men put their needs/wants before us. But how do we know that they are self-fish early on?

• Oh, sorry. You need to get to know yourself?what made that person do that to me or try to work on your self esteem and work on what you can offer the guy?do some self examination, you might be attracting the same type and I see your trying to change. You need to fix yourself

I hope that helped. As for signs I don't think you really know. If he's going to cheat he'll do it there nothing you can do about it. I really didn't know the signs. I trusted him and he's word.

• i'm going to be faithful

0|0
    0|0
  • I am faithful

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never dated a guy who did anything like what you mentioned. Either some of them actually were unfaithful but were really good at hiding it (which I doubt), or we just have to accept that there are actually decent, faithful guys out there. Some men and women cheat... and others don't. It's not something you can generalize solely by gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dunno if I'm overdoing it, but I once hugged someone while being in a relationship. A hug by itself is not necessarily cheating, it could be just courtesy, but this one was due to attraction.

I was having very hard times at that moment with my boyfriend, because among other problems he was having trouble with alcohol and just had not been himself. We were in the brink of breaking up when I met another guy who seemed to be very nice, mature and understanding.

I started growing feelings towards that guy, so I ended up breaking up with my boyfriend. I told him all about it. I felt like a horrible person.

Fast forward some weeks, and that guy turned out to not be what I was expecting at all. He was very nice on the surface, but he turned out to be incredibly childish, so it didn't last long.

Meanwhile, my ex quit drinking and solved his problems. After some months, we gave ourselves a chance. It's been nearly a year since that, and we're doing great.

I don't think took the best choices back there, but looking back at it all, I'm sure as hell I won't ever think about cheating anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not that hard to do

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm totally faithful

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes