Guys: How many of you are completely faithful when in a relationship?

That means no sexting, no making out and no sex with another woman outside of the relationship. My experiences have shown that less men are faithful and more cheat. Thanks!

934

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never cheated in a relationship. I've been tempted a couple of times, but I never crossed any lines. I just wouldn't do that to my partner. I also don't tolerate cheating and I make that known from the very beginning. A couple of girls have broken up because they had feelings for other guys, but none have actually cheated, because they knew how I felt about it.

I will say this: I've known some guys who were either celebrities or were "10s" in looks/confidence, and as a result, they had LOTS of opportunities with women, many of whom didn't care if he was cheating on another girl with her. Nearly all of those guys cheated, simply because there was SO MUCH temptation and opportunity. Most guys, and nearly all younger guys (teens and 20s. and even older) with so many hot girls throwing themselves at them are going to take advantage of it. As messed up as it is, women need to realize that these guys are (almost) never going to be faithful.

Brad Pitt had Jennifer Aniston, and he cheated. Tiger Woods had a Swedish model wife, and he cheated. I could give you dozens of other examples, but the same happens at lower levels. Example: a guy in a band that is "famous" in a given region will have tons of women coming on to him, and is probably not going to remain faithful if he has a girlfriend.

Yes, I've seen the same thing with women too, except that it isn't so easy to group them, because MOST women have ample opportunity to cheat (i.e., guys willing to have sex with them regardless of their relationship status, or anything else), and because some girls are willing to take advantage of that and others are not.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think you have a good point... Do you think though that if a woman was getting attention at home she wouldn't be looking elsewhere? I can't comment on guys since I'm not one :)

• I think that is *generally* true, but certainly not in every case. Just as there are plenty of selfish men who aren't satisfied with what they've got, so are there women like that. Some people are always going to do whatever they want to do in the moment, and not care about the consequences or the hurt they will cause another person. That isn't limited to either gender.