Keeping strong? What the heck happned

So I dated my ex for a year and was his first girlfriend. Love. Sex. Ect. He broke up with me last month claiming that he wasn't ready for a relationship Nd wanted to chase tail. Later on I had a feeling he left me for someone else. And he came clean saying towards the end he felt like we had nothing in common anymore. And wanted a girl who lived his lifestyle. He used weed a lot and I wouldnt. Nor drink. I asked if he really did have feelings for me and he said he really did. Then he said that he didn't know if we could be friends because he had a girlfriend. And didn't know what he was saying when he said we could. I don't know do guys remember their first gfs?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• We do remember our first girlfriends. In fact, most guys don't realize this, but their first girlfriend shapes the rest of their relationships. Same with females, their first boyfriend shapes the rest of their relationships.

But honestly, you are better off. Things like drinking and drug use, although they may seem inconsequential, are major things in a relationship. There are core differences in how you function when you choose to do certain things. So eventually, regardless of how much you two loved each other, smoking weed and drinking would have become issues in your relationship.

You're young...take your time and you'll find a great guy out there.