Keeping strong? What the heck happned

So I dated my ex for a year and was his first girlfriend. Love. Sex. Ect. He broke up with me last month claiming that he wasn't ready for a relationship Nd wanted to chase tail. Later on I had a feeling he left me for someone else. And he came clean saying towards the end he felt like we had nothing in common anymore. And wanted a girl who lived his lifestyle. He used weed a lot and I wouldnt. Nor drink. I asked if he really did have feelings for me and he said he really did. Then he said that he didn't know if we could be friends because he had a girlfriend. And didn't know what he was saying when he said we could. I don't know do guys remember their first gfs?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• We do remember our first girlfriends. In fact, most guys don't realize this, but their first girlfriend shapes the rest of their relationships. Same with females, their first boyfriend shapes the rest of their relationships.

But honestly, you are better off. Things like drinking and drug use, although they may seem inconsequential, are major things in a relationship. There are core differences in how you function when you choose to do certain things. So eventually, regardless of how much you two loved each other, smoking weed and drinking would have become issues in your relationship.

You're young...take your time and you'll find a great guy out there.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Yes we do remember our firsts whether good or bad. Look at it this way, at least he told you what the issues were and what he was looking for. Most people don't get that kind of information and tend to develop insecurities because of that. You are indeed better off!

2|0
    0|0
  • Do you remember yours?

Of course we do. It's unfortunate what happened, but you know, people are either with you for a season, a reason or a lifetime... Now you know it's not a lifetime, figure out how you can move forward and your next step, fa more important a question.

1|1
    0|0
    • "People are either with you for a season, a reason or a lifetime..." This is so true

• Yeah, we remember our GF's. Past and present...but not that the relationship with him is over, you can move on to a guy who more matches your desires.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah of course we do...sadly. out of the 6 relationships I had 5 of them I've been cheated on or left for another guy very quickly. Kinda sad.

But now you can find a better guy that has more in common with you. :D

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely.. I remember my first girlfriend. She broke it off with me and although I was sad at the time it was for the better.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate it when people say its never too late

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• why would you want him to anyways, he left you for another chick, but I will tell you one thing, he will regret it when she turns out to be his worse nightmare and leaVES HIM FOR ANOTHER DUDE, MARK MY WORDS.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes