Is this acceptable, am I that stuck up?

Let's say you flirt with someone, you both show interest and spend time together, but there's nothing official and none confessed...

The other one sleeps with a 3rd party... Would you call it quits with the person or continue pursuing him/her because it wasn't official anyway... ?!

One girl did this to me and I'm amazed that she's acting like I'm the wrong one because we weren't dating when she slept with the other guy...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• OK, well technically speaking, she was perfectly within her rights at the time, she didn't cheat.

But she did show a huge lack of regard for your feelings on the matter. Personally, if it were me, I'd certainly think twice about pursuing the person after. Regardless of whether or not things were official, she didn't treat you with the respect or consideration you so clearly expect (and should) from a potential partner. I'd say you're not being unreasonable to call it quits.

I probably would.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• There's no rule, but it's still nice to not sleep around when you're pre-involved with someone. It shows them that you're dedicated so that if it goes somewhere you already have some level of trust.

I'd be hurt if I'd seen a guy a few times and found out he was still sleeping around whether we were official or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • well personally I'll never be with another guy if I like someone and I know he likes me too so yeah I think you should just forget her and move on. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • She thought you were dating I guess?

Idk. It depends on the girl, but as long as you made things as clear as you could, I don't see a problem

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Most likely I would lose interest and move on. She has the right to sleep with him but even if she was married to you for 50 years she would still have a right to fuck another guy. I don't look at relationships like a contract. You're never going to own her or her sexuality. Saying, "we're in a relationship" doesn't do this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmmm, I'd do the same. I mean, granted, I wouldn't be mad or anything. I mean if you look at the facts, it's true, you two aren't together and she's completely free to do what she wants.

But at the same time, if I KNOW I want something, I don't go around and sample the other merchandise, get my drift? You're making an effort to go slow and steady, be exclusive and romantic with the girl, and she practically just hit the throttle without any consideration. When it comes to girls, I like to start relationships with ones who put in as much effort as I do. So, yeah, if it was me I'd walk away.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry, when I mean "I'd do the same" I mean I'd be cautious of the girl, and most likely walk away.

Recommended myTakes