Guy spending the night at his close female friend's house even though he has a girlfriend- weird or not?

girls if you had a boyfriend who had a close female friend he had been friends with for longer than you guys were together and you were kind of friends with her, would you be bothered if he spent the night at her house (if she lived at home with her parents) or think it was weird? guys do you think this would be weird to do if you had a girlfriend?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not that weird but it does depend on the situation. If my girlfriend had a long term friend a long way away and went to stay with him then that would be fine. But if she had a friend in town and wanted to spend the night I'd say it was a bit weird... don't people stop having random sleep overs at about the age of 16?

Really the question is, how much do you trust him? If my girlfriend stayed over at a (male) friend's house then I'd think it was weird but I would still 100% trust her that it was purely a normal friendship thing. However the fact that you have asked this question suggests that you are a little suspicious...?

To put your mind at ease a little though... him sleeping over really doesn't indicate at all that he's cheating on you. Let's look at this realistically. If he wanted to have sex with his female friend then he could do it any time. Why would he choose to do it when her parents are asleep in the room next door when he could just meet her at an empty house in the day, or do it outside anytime, or whatever. So no, I don't think they are at it like rabbits if that's what you were asking, but I do find it slightly weird lol.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think it's that weird. Especially if she lives with her parents. Furthermore, I can be OK with my girlfriend staying with a male friend. So no, I don't think it's weird. They're friends, after all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would find it uncomfortable unless I knew the friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it depends. I've had females spend the night at my place many times and there wasn't anything between us.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Personally, I would be uncomfortable with it. Not that I don't trust my boyfriend, but why would he need to spend the night at another girls house? If they wanted to hang out, why would it have to turn into a sleepover? That's a little odd in my honest opinion. I also would never sleep over at another man's house so it's not like I would be holding him to an unreasonable double standard.

0|1
    0|0
    • I've done this before: gotten tired but I didn't want to drive across town.

• No, I wouldn't - especially if I was okay with her. I don't think it's weird and I'd do my best to trust him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely wouldn't be OK with that. Call me a skeptic, but I don't know a guy that would want to stay the night at a female's house (if he has a girlfriend), unless there was something else he wanted. The female friend may not accept his advances, but I'd assume he would go for it if she let him.

Take a look at some of the answers from guys just on this website. Most men admit to the fact that the only women they make an effort to be friends with, are girls they are secretly attracted to and would hook up with if given the green light. Platonic friendship is more of a female thing. Thus the "friend zone" plaguing men more often than women.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only way he's sleeping over is if I'm sleeping over with him! Fuck that, I'm no fool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope not weird

0|0
    0|0
  • I WOULD NOT ALLOW IT

0|1
    0|0
  • They are probably hooking up behind your back

1|2
    2|1

Recommended myTakes