Have you ever regretted dumping someone?

Just curious to hear anyones stories/opinions on this. Also, have you ever gotten back together with an ex? Did things work out?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I have never regretted dumping someone. I have gotten back together with an ex and regret that- will never do it again.

1|0
    0|0
    • Why did you regret it? What happened?

• Because people don't change. You think you're going to start fresh but the same problems will pop up. Oh and after I got back together with him he cheated on me so I mean there's that too.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Regretting dumping someone? No because it was either me being cheated on, or a girl wanting something to work, but her not putting the effort I was into making it work.

I did however get back together with an ex and that was a mistake. Once a cheater, always a cheater. So of course I got cheated on... again... NO MORE!

0|0
    0|0
  • I have always known if a relationship would work out or not before I ever got into it on a serious note but I haen't always followed that notion.

So technically I have never "dumped" someone only stopped dating them when I found out they weren't a perfect match.

And I seriously think people should be more self-concious about who they are dating and why before they get into a relationship and hurt the other person when they find out down the line that this person is not right for them.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree. I feel men are worse for this (just from my experience). I make sure the person is someone I could fall in love with before making things official, where as the guys I know will make it official with just about anyone because they don't take the commitment as seriously.

• As much as it is about deciding to early to be with a person it's not about falling in love with them, but really seeing the possibility of a long term healthy relationship possible with them.

For men they decide instantly if they want to be with a girl, if they like her looks they will give her a chance, for women they like to find out who the guy is first so it takes longer time for them to fall in love.

At the end it's the same because you are both deciding on a long term or temporary note.

• Only once, when I stopped talking to one twin girl..her sister, whom I REALLY liked, got mad at me for ignoring her twin. She is still mad at me, so far as I know, after 10+ years.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why did you stop talking to her and why aren't you talking today?

• We were teenagers, who knows at this point..but her twin sister still holds a grudge to this day.

• I broke up with them for a reason, so no

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, a few times.

0|0
    0|0
    • How did you reconcile things?

• I did reconcile once, then she cheated again and again until I let her go.

The other times the gap was too great.

• Nope, can't say that I have regretted dumping someone.

I also wouldn't get back together - when it's over, it's over for good

0|1
    0|1

What Girls Said 4

• Nope... if I've broken up with someone it means I have given a lot of thought to it. I do not go back to my ex's. It ended for a reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • No everything happens for a reason. I do find that when I'm really lonely I start romanticizing (sp?) past relationships that weren't really healthy of I wasn't happy in.

0|0
    0|0
  • My second grade boyfriend is just the one that got away

1|0
    0|0
  • If I could have moved out and roomed with my bestie then yea. I regret "dumping" him. Yea no actually I regret dumping NYC. Lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes