Anyone else terrified by this?

I am terrified to be alone. I've never had any luck with women in the past except for my ex girlfriend and she's slipping further and further away. I just feel like I will never meet anyone and I will grow old alone and miserable. I was wondering if anyone else felt like this?

54

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a logical person and my brain has been hardwired to enjoy independence. I never want to depend on anyone because I have been let down so many times. Then there is the other half of me that remembers that I have been alone for most of my life. I think this is what pushed me to become independent instead of being lonely. The half that refuses to move on makes me so afraid of being alone again. I would not date me if I were a guy only because of this. Luckily, I have found a boy that loves me for it. I feel very clingy and like an attention wh*re since I become emotionally distant when we go a day or two without seeing each other. I'm trying my best to fight my fears of being alone and hoping that they will go away one day. I may be worse than you but at least you're not the only one afraid. Good luck.