How do I get to her to accept me back?

I love a very special wonderful lady. We were together for about 5 yrs.(engaged). She broke it off about one year into our relationship. We got back together and she tried to break it off a couple of other times but I talked her out of it. About 5 months ago I broke it off and moved out (blended family issues that I didn't handle well). During the time we were separated I slept with someone. She dated and such but didn't sleep with anyone. She loves me but currently can't get passed what I did. I love her and want to marry and send the rest of my life with her. I need help, suggestions, ideas, and advice. Thanks

51

Most Helpful Girl

• That sounds like my relationship. Even though me and my boyfriend have only been dating for 2 years, I have tried to break up a few times. It was never anything he did; it was always because I was scared of my feelings for him since they were so intense. If he broke up with me and slept with someone else, I would find that extremely hard to handle and I don't know if I could take him back. (note that we are both virgins so him sleeping with someone else would be extreme). I could understand if he ended the relationship because of family issues. If he wanted to get back together once he was in the right mind and he was handling things well enough to rekindle our relationship, I would say yes. But since he would be breaking up with me for something other than relationship problems, and I still believed that he loved me just the same, it would crush me to hear that he had sex with someone else ( regardless of our virgin status). I thought he loved me. Why would he sleep with someone else if he said that he wanted to marry me? If we were separated for long enough like you said, I would consider dating other people too. I wouldn't want to sit around collecting dust waiting for him to come back to me. Dating would only be for fun and for new experiences since my heart really lies with the guy who I promised to marry. I would never, under any circumstance, sleep with any of those men. I don't know your girlfriend but from a fellow female, it would be difficult to give my body to someone else after a serious five year relationship. I'd be confused and hurt and missing you. I'd be wondering why you would do all of this to me and then claim to want to marry me again. You should listen to your girls thoughts and feelings. She is probably very hurt and if she agrees to get back together, it may take time. Be patient and promise you won't do what you did ever again. Marriage is for better or for worse. It would make me reconsider marrying someone who wasn't willing to work things out during hard times in a relationship. We all make mistakes but it sounds like you're remorseful and wanting a life with her. If you're both meant to be together, I hope she can forgive you and I hope you can learn from this and never repeat it. Good luck.