Ever been cheated on? second chance?

i wanna ask people here if they ever been cheated on. did you guys stay broken up or did you try to work things out? long story short my girlfriend broke up with me in front of the guy. two days later she calls me crying and blows up my phone saying she made a mistake and wants to be with me. I'm willing to give her a second chance because she found text messages from 2 girls months ago when I was drunk. I did it because I was mad because she canceled plans on me multiple times. It just seems I'm putting more effort into it than she is.

what would you do?

what have you done?
  • See if it can work
    Vote A
  • Fuck that shit!
    Vote B
  • Depends...
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• First off, you both need to let things go if you want to work things out. Both of you are in the wrong and need to leave it be and move on. If you keep going back and fourth trying to one up the other things will never work out.

If you care about her and think you can make things work then give it a shot but know that it will be tough. You both will have trust issues to get over and its not easy but definitely its possible.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• No, I haven't been cheated on, but I would never give a second chance to a cheater, no matter what their reasons are and how hard they cry. If you give them a second chance, they'll know that they might get a third, fourth, fifth and sixth chance... they know you have no boundaries since cheating is pretty much the worst thing you can do in a relationship. I will never let someone walk over me like that. I have some dignity.

1|1
    0|0
  • personally, I could never forgive a cheater. It would tear at the relationship to even try, I would not trust anything they say; in the back of my mind I would always wonder what they are doing, with who. Ultimately I may seek revenge, which is what your girlfriend did. I just would not be worth it, I would end it as soon as the cheating occurred.

Sounds like you guys a in a weird limbo, not trust and a lot of betrayal.

0|1
    0|0
  • No second chances to cheaters. You save yourself a lot of grief if you just leave them that one time and never look back. Cheaters have something flawed inside them and they need to work that out before they enter into any other relationship with someone again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting back together will only lead to disaster. The trust is broken and will always haunt both of you.

Also, I would never give a second chance to a cheater. People like that need to be called out and learns from their mistakes.

Honestly, you sound like a douche bag, if you instantly start hooking up with other girls, if your partner cancels plans. No wonder she broke up with you. The only reason she asked for you back was because the other guy was most likely a bigger douche, than you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lmao! I never even touched those girls. They were just texts. But I respect your opinion

• My point still stands: Oh no, my girlfriend can't make it! Better start chatting up other girls.

• I wouldn't care what the reason is, it's done. Fool me once, ya know?

0|1
    0|0
  • I broke up with him. He called and apologized, he was crying and I believe they were genuine tears so I took him back. Even though I still believe he really did regret it, he did not learn a lesson and eventually cheated on me again. He is long gone now.

Cheaters don't learn their lesson if you take them back, maybe she will be better to the next guy if you let her go.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've been cheated on and forgave him. A few months later he did it again, but then never did it again after that.

0|0
    1|0
    • Why did you give him a third chance tho?

• Show All
    • How do you know he's not cheating on you this very moment? You gave him TWO chances. If anything, he probably learned how to cover his tracks better.

• Ya your probably right, but I don't think he would again because he did it when he was a lot younger and we hAve a baby now and seems a lot more committed.

• I'm sorry to say. Once a cheater always a cheater. Plus once a relationship is broken it's broken and can't be fixed. You may get back together but it will never be the same as it was. Your just best to move forward.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I haven't been cheated on yet. Although, I don't think I could get back with a guy if he cheated on me. It depends on the circumstances, e.g. drunk.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been cheated on and if I were I wouldn't forgive

0|1
    0|0
  • you can forget it I don't give second chances. If I ever did, you would have to have a lot of something for me to give you a second chance. Like an amazing personality, or a big dick. Otherwise, hell no.

0|0
    0|1
  • I personally can't give second chances, which might be wrong but people need to learn from their mistakes yes but I learned back when I had given someone a second chance they always acted like they could do whatever they wanted because they always though that I would forgive them.

0|1
    0|0
    • thats true. the people I've talked to about it with say that too. that she'll always come back to me if I keep forgiving her. and that I should move on. but its really hard.

• Get over someone can be really hard but you just have to push yourself to get over her but not to hard, eventually you'll realize that she's no longer the first thing on your mind.

• thats true too. I haven't been broken up with since I was 16 or 17. but at least then I was still in HS and I had lots more friends and parties to go to. now that I'm older friends are more busy with jobs and kids. and parties take back seats to bills lol.

What Guys Said 4

• I was cheated on...I blame myself that I DID take her for granted...so we split, we are still friends, but I will never start anything with her, let alone sleep with her again. It was a learning experience. Once a cheater cheats, they put themselves on a treadmill looking for perfection...something that they may have a the moment, but think there is something better out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I got cheated on by my 2 gfs and broke it off right away. No forgiveness from me. Once a cheater always a cheater and even if they were to never to cheat, it still remains that they will always have that potential in them to cheat if given the opportunity and circumstances again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was cheated on. One day my Girlfriend during a fight told me you know I cheated on you. And I told her I know you did so what do you want me to do with his peace of information. And she said well aren't you angry at me and want to break up or something. I told her look it obviously bothers you more than it does me. And I told her I'm going to stay with you until I decide not to but if I decide not to nobody can stop me. Besides the same thing she did applies to me and I also told her that if I had cheated on her and didn't want her to find out she would not have. We staid together for another two years. So it all comes down to you. If you can still trust her then do it of course she's gonna have to put a lot of effort into it too.

0|1
    0|0
  • I had a girlfriend for year and a half... She cheated on me with a random guy on a party cause we were busy with school and work and had almost no time to see each other... so I broke up with her but tried to work things out... all I have to say is someone very wise told me "If you forgive her, it will turn into a rosary of cheating and forgiving... " and she cheated on me one month later with a close friend...

My personal opinion is not to forgive in those cases... I don't like to harass people cause I'm having trust issues... and its hard to gain back trust after a cheat... and if someone does it once... he/she will do it twice... but I guess there're different kinds of people in different situations, so it could work back... I've seen a couple of cases... most of them get into a very unhealthy relationship though...

Best of luck with your decisions...

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes